Matthew Fitzpatrick 2019 U.S. Open Betting Odds, Preview: Will His Putting Come Around?
Kyle Terada, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Matthew Fitzpatrick
Matthew Fitzpatrick 2019 U.S. Open Odds
- Odds to Win U.S. Open: 150-1
- DFS Pricing: $7,400 DraftKings; $9,100 FanDuel
- Tee Times: 4:58 p.m. ET Thursday; 11:13 a.m. ET Friday
Fitz finished second at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in March but since has been very disappointing. He’s coming off a 68th at Memorial and 64th at Charles Schwab.
The ball-striking has been there, which is a good sign, but the short game hasn’t. He played the Pebble Pro-Am earlier this year, and that was true then, too. His ball-striking was awesome — he hit 73% of the fairways and 70% of the greens — but his putter was atrocious. He missed the cut as a result.
I wouldn’t bet it would come around, but putting is the most random part of golf, so he could be an interesting, low-owned DFS flier if you’re looking to back him.
Matthew Fitzpatrick Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Matthew Fitzpatrickranks among the other 164 U.S. Open competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adjusted Round Score: 40
- Recent Adjusted Round Score: 59
- Recent Greens in Regulation: 58
- Strokes Gained — Tee-to-Green: 30
- Strokes Gained — Approach: 36