Patrick Reed 2019 PGA Championship Betting Odds, Preview: Recent Form Outweighs Past Success
Ray Carlin-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Patrick Reed
Patrick Reed 2019 PGA Championship Betting Odds
- Odds to Win PGA Championship: 60-1
- DFS Pricing: $8,400 (DraftKings), $10,400 (FanDuel)
- Tee Times: 7:51 a.m. ET (Thursday); 1:16 p.m. ET (Friday)
Reed will likely catch people’s eyes considering he won at this course at the 2016 Barclays. That said, he’s not rating highly for me entering this week given his recent form. He’s 24th in the field in Long-Term Adjusted Round Score but just 72nd in the Recent metric. He hasn’t really had any eye-popping performances since his Masters win a year ago, and his LT Greens in Regulation mark currently sits 120th in this field.
The course history is compelling, but that doesn’t outweigh the negatives of his play over the past year for me. Further, I think that history (and winning the Masters) is resulting in him being overpriced in the betting market and DFS. I’ll be looking to fade him if the market presents itself.
Patrick Reed Statistical Profile
The below numbers outline where Patrick Reed ranks among the other 160 PGA Championship competitors in a series of key statistical categories from our FantasyLabs Models.
- Long-Term Adj Rd Score: 24
- Long-Term Greens in Regulation: 120
- Long-Term Driving Distance: 66
- Recent Adj Rd Score: 72
- Strokes Gained — Overall: 59
- Strokes Gained — Tee-to-Green: 66