Paul Rutherford, USA Today Sports. Pictured: David Price
Betting odds: Los Angeles Dodgers at Boston Red Sox
- Over/Under: 8.5
- First pitch: 8:09 p.m. ET
- Probable pitchers: Hyun-Jin Ryu (7-3, 1.97 ERA) vs. David Price (16-7, 3.58 ERA)
- TV channel: FOX
- Regular Season: 102-73-4, +21.45 units
- Postseason: 7-10-1, -4.95 units
- Yesterday’s Result: Dodgers-Red Sox Under 7.5, Kershaw vs. Sale (loss)
*Each bet graded as if it were to win 1 unit
Game 1 of the World Series served as a stern reminder that anything can happen in the postseason.
On paper, it was supposed to be a pitchers’ duel, with two of the best left-handers the game has ever seen colliding. Instead, neither Clayton Kershaw nor Chris Sale was able to make it through five innings, and the over cashed with relative ease as a result.
Game 2’s pitching matchup — Price vs. Ryu — pales in comparison to what we saw in the opener, but does that mean more crooked numbers are in store?