NASCAR Props Challenge Picks for Sunday’s Bank of America ROVAL 400
Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: NASCAR Cup Series driver Ryan Blaney
- NASCAR's Props Challenge game asks fans to answer 10 prop-betting questions each week, with weekly winners eligible for prizes.
- PJ Walsh offers his Props Challenge picks and analysis for Bank of America ROVAL 400 (2:30 p.m. ET, NBC).
Martin Truex Jr. came to party. After winning NASCAR’s first playoff race at Las Vegas, Truex backed it up with another victory at Richmond on Saturday night.
On the other end of the spectrum, Alex Bowman, Clint Bowyer, Kurt Busch and Erik Jones are all below the 12-driver cutoff line heading into Sunday’s elimination race at the Charlotte Roval.
To make this week’s NASCAR Props Challenge picks, I’ll rely on betting odds to project expected driver performance, as well as race trends from last year’s race at the Charlotte Roval.
1. Which playoff driver will score the higher finish: Alex Bowman or William Byron?
Both drivers are 80-1 at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas, so oddsmakers view them as evenly-matched for Sunday’s race.
But when it comes to road courses, Bowman had a better average finish than Byron at Sonoma at Watkins Glen this year, as well as an impressive fourth-place finish in this race one year ago.
2. O/U 0.5 drivers underneath the cutoff line will advance to Round 2 of the Playoffs?
I’m expecting this week’s race to see plenty of action (and wrecks), and with both Alex Bowman and Clint Bowyer sitting within four points of the cutoff, I think it’s likely that one will find a way to jump into the top 12 in points.
3. Aric Almirola will advance to the Round of 12: Yes or No?
Almirola currently occupies the 11th position in points, meaning as of right now he’s in. In addition, Aric had the ninth-best finishing position at road courses this season.
If Almirola doesn’t beat himself, he should advance to the Round of 12.