NASCAR Odds, Expert Picks, Predictions: Giffen’s Favorite Prop Bet for Tonight’s Busch Light Clash
Chris Graythen/Getty Images. Pictured: NASCAR Cup Series driver Alex Bowman
- Sunday night's Clash at The Coliseum kicks off the 2023 NASCAR Cup Series season.
- The exhibition race uses a unique format with heats and a main event.
- Below, Nick Giffen shares his favorite prop bet for The Clash, and it requires the backing of multiple top drivers.
The Busch Light Clash at The Coliseum fires off at 5 p.m. ET on FOX as the 2023 NASCAR season gets underway with the annual exhibition race.
Sportsbooks are starting to offer some props, and I’ve found an early one that I think offers tremendous value.
So let’s not waste any time, and hop right into my favorite early prop bet for tonight’s Busch Light Clash.
Busch Light Clash Prop Bet
BetRivers oddsmakers are offering a line on the winning car number. They’ve set the over/under at 14.5 with -115 juice on each side.
Personally, I love the over here. With the over we get:
- Christopher Bell (No. 20) – the overall favorite at some books
- William Byron (24) – the driver I personally make the favorite
- Alex Bowman (48) – another driver I’ve bet whose price is too long
- Martin Truex, Jr. (19) – the fastest driver in practice
- Bubba Wallace (23) – the fastest driver in long-run speed in practice
- Joey Logano (22) – defending race winner and defending series champion
- Justin Haley (31) – the driver who qualified the fastest and starts on pole
And those are just the main guys to look out for. We get several other drivers lumped into that over as well.
Meanwhile, the under side has Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney – all of whom struggled in either practice, qualifying, or both.
Certainly, we can’t rule those drivers out, and we have to dodge Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Ross Chastain and Chase Briscoe as well. But I’d rather have drivers who have shown a ton of upside this weekend moreso than drivers who have shown quite a bit of downside.
I’ll gladly take a full unit here, and I would bet this to -125 juice if it stays at 14.5 or I’d bet it all the way up to 18.5 with -115 to the over.
That would mean JJ Yeley, AJ Allmendinger and Chris Buescher get lumped into the under at the new number, but I’m not particularly worried about any of those drivers winning. Only Allmendinger seemingly has a shot, and it’s still quite a long one.
The Bet: Winning Car Number over 14.5 (-115 at BetRivers) | Bet to: 14.5 (-125) or 18.5 (-115)
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.