Matt Cashore-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Notre Dame defensive lineman Khalid Kareem (53) and wide receiver Chase Claypool (83)
- Oddsmakers will release the opening spreads for Week 2's college football matchups on Sunday around 3 p.m. ET.
- By comparing our projected point spreads to the numbers that the books actually post, you can find betting value before the lines adjust.
- Notre Dame projects to be a 37.5-point favorite against Ball State. The Irish are in a hangover spot after their victory over Michigan.
Welcome to Sunday Morning Coffee. Let this column serve as a your first look at the projected point spreads for Week 2’s college football matchups.
When the real lines come out later on Sunday, I’ll compare my power-rated spreads to what oddsmakers posted to find betting value.
Be sure to follow me in The Action Network app to get alerts whenever I make a pick off these numbers.
Week 2 Point Spread Projections
Situational Edges I’m Eyeing
- Ball State is healthy and its offense looked great in Week 1. The Cardinals should be a big underdog against Notre Dame. The Irish are in a hangover spot off a huge victory against Michigan.
- Appalachian State, North Carolina, UMass, and Cincinnati all have back-to-back travel in Week 2
- Bowling Green covered Pinnacle’s closing line against Oregon, and returns home to catch a Maryland team off a Texas upset