Welcome to Sunday Morning Coffee. Let this column serve as your first look at the projected point spreads for Week 3’s college football matchups.
When the real lines come out later on Sunday, I’ll compare my power-rated spreads to what oddsmakers posted to find betting value.
Be sure to follow me in The Action Network app to get alerts whenever I make a pick off these numbers.
Week 3 Point Spread Projections
Situational Edges I’m Eyeing
- Hawaii travels to Michie Stadium to face Army. The game is scheduled to kick at Noon ET, or 6 a.m. Honolulu time.
- Colorado State may be on hangover alert after coming back to beat Arkansas from 18 down, while the Rams’ opponent, Florida, is coming off a brutal loss to Kentucky.
- San Diego State will host Arizona State, who may be on a hangover after beating Michigan State. Also of note: Sun Devils defensive coordinator Danny Gonzales was on Rocky Long’s Aztec staff from 2011-17.
- Plenty of teams are on back-to-back travel. The list includes Georgia State, Duke, Eastern Michigan, UMass, Ball State, Rutgers, New Mexico, San Jose State, Georgia Tech, UTEP, USC, Louisiana-Monroe and Arkansas State.
- Three teams come off a bye week: Louisiana-Lafayette, Toledo and Ohio.
A Few Other Week 3 Notes
- Clemson gets its first look at a triple-option offense against Georgia Southern. The Tigers also play a triple-option offense Georgia Tech in Week 4.
- Injuries played a large role in Week 2 and should be monitored as lines become widely available. This list includes running back Rodney Anderson (Oklahoma), quarterback Daniel Jones (Duke), cornerback Mark Gilbert (Duke), running back Rodney Smith (Minnesota), and quarterback Adrian Martinez (Nebraska).
- Khalil Tate (Arizona) was limited in the rush game due to injury, but the quarterback is not on the injury report.