Week 14 NFL Weather Forecast: Ravens vs. Bills, Bengals vs. Browns Expecting Strong Winds
Rich Barnes-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: General view of Buffalo Bills flags flying.
- Sunday's Ravens vs. Bills (1 p.m. ET) and Bengals vs. Browns (1 p.m. ET) matchups include windy weather forecasts.
- Here's a detailed look at the average breezes and gusts expected for both games, and what they mean for bettors.
As expected, weather plays an important part in NFL betting as the regular season winds down and winter approaches.
Last week, six games were contested in double-digit winds, which is significant because matchups played in those conditions go under the closing total more often than those played in calmer weather.
According to Bet Labs, 56.2% of NFL games played in double-digit breezes have gone under since 2003, a trend that is 27-17 in 2019 and hasn’t produced a losing season since going 20-20 back in 2012.
NFL Week 14 weather forecasts aren’t calling for as many windy games as we saw last week. However, two of Sunday’s matchups could be played in some of the windiest weather of the season.
Let’s take a look at which games could see extremely windy conditions.
Odds as of Sunday and via DraftKings, where Action Network users get a risk-free bet up to $500.
NFL Week 14 Weather Report
Ravens vs. Bills Weather Forecast
- Wind speeds: 17 mph
- O/U open to current: 43.5 to 44
Not only is this game expecting the strongest average winds, but the National Weather Service is predicting gusts up to 36 mph as well.
Interestingly, the Ravens vs. Bills over/under has actually increased throughout the week and this could be for two reasons:
- Bettors simply haven’t taken note of this weather forecast just yet.
- With Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen able to move the ball on the ground, windy conditions are less likely to affect both offenses compared to those that rely more heavily on explosive plays through the air.
Odds as of Sunday at 7 a.m. ET and via PointsBet, where Action Network users can access an exclusive promotion to get a 200% deposit match (deposit $50, bet with $150). No strings attached. No rollover required.
Bengals vs. Browns Weather Forecast
- Wind speeds: 15-16 mph
- O/U open to current: 43 to 42
Similarly windy conditions are expected in Cleveland, as Sports Insights’ weather data is projecting average breezes of 15-16 mph blowing from end zone to end zone. In addition, the National Weather Service expects gusts up to 28 mph.
But unlike Ravens vs. Bills, this over/under has tumbled throughout the week. After opening at 43, the Bengals vs. Browns total now sits at 42.
With more than 24 hours between now and kickoff of both games, we’ll continue to update this article as NFL Week 14 weather forecasts become more clear.