- To win the World Cup: +9500
- To win Group C: 175
- To advance to Round of 16: -140
Bet To Watch
Denmark to advance from Group C -140
At every major international tournament there are world-class players who step up and propel teams that otherwise lack depth into the latter stages of the tournament. Gareth Bale put Wales on his back at the 2016 Euros, and James Rodriguez brought Colombia to the quarterfinals in the 2014 World Cup.
So who will be this World Cup’s star man? Look no further than Denmark’s Christian Eriksen. The 26-year-old Dane has been one of Tottenham’s most important players for years now, and during the qualification process, that club success translated over to the international stage.
For his club, Eriksen has a lot of talent around him and is more of a facilitator and a playmaker. Denmark doesn’t have nearly the level of talent that Tottenham has, but Eriksen has still risen to the occasion with The Danish Dynamite. In European qualification, only Cristiano Ronaldo and Robert Lewandowski were able to top his 11 goals, which included a hat trick in the second leg of their playoff at Ireland. I expect Eriksen, who has been linked with a move to Barcelona this summer, to put himself in the shop window in Russia.
Additionally, Denmark’s group is not all that intimidating. Australia should struggle to even win a point, and Peru are a feisty, but beatable team. Even group favorites France have struggled to find an identity at international tournaments lately. An identity crisis is one thing the Danes do not have. Their identity is Christian Eriksen, and that should prove enough to get them through this group.
More Betting Breakdowns
- Group A: Russia | Saudi Arabia | Egypt | Uruguay
- Group B: Portugal | Morocco | Iran | Spain
- Group C: France | Australia | Peru | Denmark
- Group D: Argentina | Iceland | Croatia | Nigeria
- Group E: Brazil | Costa Rica | Switzerland | Serbia
- Group F: Germany | Mexico | Sweden | South Korea
- Group G: Belgium | Panama | Tunisia | England
- Group H: Poland | Senegal | Colombia | Japan