Champions League Betting Odds & Picks: Will Borussia Dortmund vs. PSG Be a Shootout?
Robbie Jay Barratt – AMA/Getty Images
- The 2020 Champions League resumes Tuesday, and updated odds list PSG as a short away favorite over Borussia Dortmund (3 p.m. ET, BR Live).
- Both teams lead their respective domestic leagues in scoring, and the over/under has been set appropriately high at 3.5.
- Get our PSG vs. Dortmund betting trends and picks below before kickoff.
Paris St-Germain at Borussia Dortmund Odds and Pick
- PSG odds: +130
- Borussia Dortmund odds: +185
- Draw: +285
- Over/Under: 3.5 (+102/-127)
- Time: 3 p.m. ET
- Location: Westfalenstadion, Dortmund
Odds as of Monday evening and via PointsBet, where Action Network users can access an exclusive promotion to get a 200% deposit match (deposit $50, bet with $150). No strings attached. No rollover required.
You could not ask for a better contest to start this week’s Champions League action, with Borussia Dortmund hosting Paris Saint-Germain in the first leg of their Round of 16 tie.
Dortmund, the high-flying power currently sitting in third in Germany’s Bundesliga, is looking to get through the Round of 16 after being eliminated by Tottenham at this juncture last year. BVB played well enough for a second-place finish behind Barcelona in Group F and hopes to get off on the right against the French power.
Paris Saint-Germain, which is well on its way to another Ligue 1 crown, stormed through Group A play with five wins and one draw to finish ahead of Spanish giant Real Madrid. Les Parisiens have been the definition of sizzling their entire campaign, reeling off 22 victories in their last 25 matches across all competitions.
Borussia Dortmund vs. Paris Saint-Germain Stats and Trends
- Paris Saint-Germain has only been shut out once this season (a September loss against Reims) in 43 matches across all competitions
- Borussia Dortmund has scored a combined 17 goals in its last four matches across all competitions
- PSG has has posted a clean sheet in five of its last six Champions League matches
- Borussia Dortmund has scored at least two goals in its last three home Champions League matches
- PSG has scored a combined seven goals in its last two Champions League games
Prior to this match, the sides battled to draws in their only two meetings in Champions League action.
This game is hard to get a real grasp in terms of picking a side. Dortmund will look to establish itself as a true world power by getting through PSG, but the French side can focus all of their attention on the Champions League since Ligue 1 is all but wrapped up. BVB will need to get a result at home, so I expect them to go for it from the opening whistle.
Dortmund has scored the most goals in the Bundesliga this season and their 45.1 expected goals is fourth in Germany’s first division. Ligue 1 is a lot weaker than other top leagues, but PSG has scored 26 more goals than any other Ligue 1 side and leads the circuit with 67 goals and 66 expected goals.
Bottom line, these clubs have serious firepower up top and I don’t see anyone keeping a clean sheet here. I am backing the total going over the number (it’s a juiced up 3 at some places and 3.5 at others) and putting in a small play on Borussia Dortmund on the spread (Pick ’em).
The Bet(s): Total Over 3.5 Goals (-105); Borussia Dortmund Pick ’em +110