Toronto FC vs. Seattle Sounders Betting Odds, Preview, Picks: Back Jordan Morris, Visitors to Down Canadian Foes
Steph Chambers/Getty Images. Pictured: Seattle Sounders standout Jordan Morris.
- Seattle crosses the Canadian border Saturday to face Toronto FC in their Major League Soccer showdown.
- The Sounders are slight moneyline underdogs, but analyst Brett Pund has found betting value on the visitors.
- Check out below why he's backing the Western Conference power to bag all three points.
Toronto FC vs. Seattle Odds
|Toronto FC Odds||+150|
|Over/Under||2.5 (-165 / +115)|
|Day | Time||Saturday | 7:30 p.m. ET|
|How To Watch||ESPN+|
|Odds updated as of Saturday night via BetMGM. Get up-to-the-minute soccer odds here.|
Opening this weekend’s action in Major League Soccer, Toronto FC welcomes the Seattle Sounders to BMO Field on Saturday in a vital match for both teams.
The Canadian club must wait one more game before the debut of summer signing Lorenzo Insigne, who will be a much-needed piece in helping the side qualify for the postseason.
Meanwhile, the Sounders have started to climb the table after a slow start, picking up wins in five of their last eight games.
The long travel needed for this game after a midweek fixture presents a great scheduling spot for the visitors, but I don’t think that will be enough to hurt the in-form team from the Pacific Northwest.
This should be the final match for Toronto without Insigne, with the club saying at his introductory press conference he would make a July 9 debut.
Manager Bob Bradley’s side really needs the Italian playmaker to provide a spark if it wants to improve on its 12th-place position in the conference.
This is also the same team that ranks last in the East in goals allowed with 30 surrendered on the season.
By The Numbers
- 35.1 — To add to the poor defensive numbers, Toronto FC ranks last in all of MLS in expected goals allowed, according to fbref.com.
- 5 — All of the Reds’ wins on the season have come at home, which includes victories over Philadelphia and New York City FC.
When you look at Seattle’s season, you really have to break it up into two parts: the stretch of games while the club was also focused on winning the CONCACAF Champions League and the fixtures since that cup run ended.
The Sounders lifted the trophy on May 4, but once all of the attention shifted to their league form, they’ve picked up 16 out of a possible 27 points in MLS.
Manager Brian Schmetzer could also be handed a boost for this match with the return of star striker Raúl Ruidíaz, who has five goals on the campaign.
By The Numbers
- +1.2 — In the last nine games, Seattle has posted a positive xGDiff.
- 0 — The Sounders did not play a single road game in the month of June, with the last away match coming against Colorado back on May 22.
Betting Analysis & Pick
Even with the bad scheduling spot, I can still only see an away victory in this game, which is why I’m backing Seattle on the moneyline at +155 odds via BetMGM as my best bet.
Toronto has been much more competitive at home. However, the team still owns a -4.1 xGDiff in those fixtures at BMO Field this season.
If you wanted to go more conservative, I don’t hate Seattle on the Draw No Bet market at -115, but I can’t look away from the plus-money price to win the game outright.
The Pick: Seattle ML (+155)