Betting odds: New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox (ALDS Game 1)
- First Pitch: 7:32 p.m. ET (TBS)
- Probable Pitchers: J.A. Happ (17-6, 3.65 ERA) vs. Chris Sale (12-4, 2.11 ERA)
- Regular Season: 102-73-4, +21.35 units
- Postseason: 2-1, +0.75 units
- Yesterday’s Result: Braves-Dodgers Under 7.5, Foltynewicz vs. Ryu (WIN)
*Each bet graded as if it were to win 1 unit
When it comes to postseason baseball matchups, it doesn’t get any bigger than Red Sox-Yankees. On Friday night, the two eternal rivals commence their American League Division Series at Fenway Park with a premium pitching matchup on display.
The Red Sox will call on ace Chris Sale, who will be looking to avenge his dreadful postseason debut a year ago when he was batted around by the eventual champion Astros.
In his first career playoff start, Sale was hounded for a whopping seven runs in only five innings of work. He didn’t fare much better in the follow-up assignment, failing to complete five innings in Houston’s series-clinching win in Game 4.
But, that’s just something that will only help fuel the seven-time All-Star heading into Game 1 against the Yankees.