Saint Peter’s vs. Purdue Betting Odds: No. 13 to 15 Seeds Are 7-3 ATS in Sweet 16 (March 24)
Dylan Buell/Getty Images. Pictured: Saint Peter’s standout Daryl Banks III.
Saint Peter’s vs. Purdue Odds
|Saint Peter’s Odds||+12.5|
|Time||7:09 p.m. ET|
|Odds via FanDuel. Get up-to-the-minute NCAAB odds here.|
No. 15 seeds have fared well against the spread (ATS) — over an incredibly small sample size — during the Sweet 16.
Saint Peter’s are just the third team to reach this stage of March Madness — so again it’s worth reiterating that the sample size is very small — but the other two teams covered their spread.
The Peacocks are receiving a substantial 12.5 points against Purdue for their matchup on Friday night. The small school from Jersey City is by far the biggest underdog on the Sweet 16 docket.
The other two No. 15 seeds to make it this far in the tournament also received a generous amount of points.
No. 15 Seeds Are 2-0 ATS in the Sweet 16
- 2021: #15 Oral Roberts (+11.5) vs. #3 Arkansas (Razorbacks 72-70)
- 2013 #15 Florida Gulf Coast (+14) vs. #3 Florida (Gators 62-50)
Oral Roberts came the closest of the bunch, having boasted a 60-59 lead as late as 5:35 in the second half. They were up by as much as 12 points with 15 minutes remaining. The final two minutes were a back-and-forth affair that ended with a game-winning jumper with three seconds to go. The Razorbacks won by two.
Florida Gulf Coast, meanwhile, never regained their handle of the contest after halftime. While FGCU went on a 15-4 early run to go up momentarily, they faded slowly, giving up a 19-3 run to end the half. They entered the interval down by four. They never led again.
For all low seeds, it’s more of a mixed bag. No. 13 and No. 14 seeds have gone 5-3 ATS in the Sweet 16, with the first low seed to make it that far being #14 seed Cleveland State in 1986.
No. 13 and No. 14 Seeds in the Sweet 16
ATS victories are bolded.
- 2013: #13 La Salle (+4.5) vs. #9 Wichita State (WICH win by 14)
- 2012: #13 Ohio (+10.5) vs. #1 UNC (UNC win by 8)
- 2006: #13 Bradley (+6) to #1 Memphis (MEM win by 16)
- 1999: #13 Oklahoma (+9) vs. #1 Michigan State (MICH ST win by 8)
- 1998: #13 Valparaiso (+8) vs. #8 Rhode Island (RI win by 6)
- 1997: #13 Chattanooga (+8) vs. #10 Providence (PROV win by 6)
- 1988: #13 Richmond (+10.5) vs. #1 Temple (TEM win by 22)
- 1986: #14 Cleveland State (+2) vs. #7 Navy (NAVY win by 1)
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.