Cowboys vs. Texans Preseason Betting Odds: Braxton Miller Could See Early-Season Targets
Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Braxton Miller
Betting Odds: Dallas Cowboys at Houston Texans (-4)
- Dallas Cowboys Moneyline: +170
- Houston Texans Moneyline: -195
- Over/Under: 34
- Kickoff: Aug. 30, 2018 – 8 p.m. ET
The Cowboys will likely utilize a committee at tight end regardless of who winds up with the starting job, but there’s a chance they keep only three of their four players at the position.
- Blake Jarwin: The undrafted free agent averaged a gaudy 16.3 yards per catch at Oklahoma State in 2016 and might be the most well-rounded contender.
- Geoff Swaim: He’s seen just 11 targets in three seasons with the Cowboys while working strictly in a blocking role.
- Dalton Schultz: This year’s fourth-round pick reportedly isn’t as pro-ready as the team anticipated, despite catching six balls this preseason.
- Rico Gathers: The 6-foot-6, 282-pound former basketball player has mixed inconsistency and mental lapses with breathtaking ability as a receiver.
The Texans averaged 34.7 points per game over Deshaun Watson’s six starts last season and only 13 with any other quarterback under center, creating fantasy-friendly opportunities for everyone — including the team’s less-featured players.
Braxton Miller has posted an underwhelming 34-261-2 line in 21 career games, but he’s currently winning the battle for slot receiver. The Texans’ No. 3 receiver could carry an enhanced early season workload depending on the status of Will Fuller’s hamstring.