Lions vs. Giants Preseason Betting Odds: Over/Under Drops Without Barkley & Beckham
Betting Odds: New York Giants at Detroit Lions (-3)
- New York Giants Moneyline: +146
- Detroit Lions Moneyline: -167
- Over/Under: 40
- Kickoff: Aug. 17, 2018 – 7:00 p.m. ET
New York Giants
The Giants will likely be without each of their two top playmakers, as No. 2 overall pick Saquon Barkley is dealing with a tweaked hamstring, and all-world wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. won’t be over-worked as he returns from a broken ankle. The over/under has dropped since opening, perhaps because 37-year-old quarterback Eli Manning hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt without OBJ on the field over the past few years.
- Eli with OBJ (47 games): 22.7 PPG, 18.6 DraftKings PPG, 271.9 yards, 7.05 Y/A, 1.9/0.9 TD/INT
- Eli without OBJ (16 games): 16.9 PPG, 13.6 DK PPG, 222.4 yards, 6.2 Y/A, 1.3/1.1 TD/INT
Auburn second-rounder Kerryon Johnson quickly established himself as a preseason fantasy superstar, producing strong rushing (7-34-0) and receiving (4-33-0) lines against the Raiders last week. Still, the Lions didn’t hand LeGarrette Blount a guaranteed $2 million contract to sit on the bench, and Theo Riddick remains one of the league’s best pass-down backs. Preseason excellence alone won’t land Johnson a three-down role, but he’s certainly making a case for additional touches.