Eagles Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Photo credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Carson Wentz
Philadelphia Eagles Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 10 (-140)/Under 10 (+120)
- Odds to win the NFC West: -160
- Odds to make the NFC Playoffs: -220
- Odds to win the NFC Championship: 5-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 12-1
Last year’s Eagles squad defended its Super Bowl title with a 9-7 season and a loss in the Divisional Round of the playoffs to the Saints.
What are realistic expectations for Carson Wentz and the Eagles in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 9.8
The Eagles led the league in Adjusted Games Lost last year. It’s a bit misleading since a good portion of that number is from Carson Wentz missing five games. Last year the Eagles were fortunate enough to have Nick Foles as their backup which really wasn’t much of a drop-off (if at all) against the spread. This season it will be Nate Sudfeld backing up Wentz; that would be about a 4-6 point drop-off.
Here’s the simple truth: The Eagles will fly over their win total of 10 if Wentz can play all 16 games against the fourth-easiest schedule. If he misses any time, the under will hit. I’m not interested in betting on something so dependent one player’s health.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 vs. Redskins: Eagles -9
- Week 2 at Falcons: Eagles +1.5
- Week 3 vs. Lions: Eagles -7
- Week 4 at Packers: Eagles +2
- Week 5 vs. Jets: Eagles -7
- Week 6 at Vikings: Eagles +1.5
- Week 7 at Cowboys: Eagles +0.5
- Week 8 at Bills: Eagles -3
- Week 9 vs. Bears: Eagles -2.5
- Week 11 vs. Patriots: Eagles -0.5
- Week 12 vs. Seahawks: Eagles -4.5
- Week 13 at Dolphins: Eagles -6.5
- Week 14 vs. Giants: Eagles -9.5
- Week 15 at Redskins: Eagles -4.5
- Week 16 vs. Cowboys: Eagles -4.5
- Week 17 at Giants: Eagles -5