NFL Picks & Predictions for Week 2: Falcons-Rams, Bengals-Cowboys & Texans-Broncos Offering Value
Photo by Cooper Neill/Getty Images. Pictured: Cooper Rush #10 of the Dallas Cowboys
- NFL Week 2's Sunday slate is officially underway, but let's not forget at the handful of late-slate games that have yet to kick off.
- Falcons vs. Rams, Bengals vs. Cowboys and Texans vs. Broncos are all part of Sunday's later games, and each one is offering oodles of betting value.
- While you sweat Sunday's 1 p.m. ET NFL Week 2 games, let's take a look at the smartest betting picks for today's later matchups.
NFL picks for Week 2 are largely based on what bettors just saw one week ago.
This doesn’t mean it’s a smart NFL betting strategy — it’s simply human nature.
Bettors had all summer to make their NFL picks for Week 1, so when those go awry, or there are simply unexpected results — there were plenty of unexpected results last weekend — it’s easy to treat them as gospel.
That’s exactly why the sharpest sports bettors rely on data to make their NFL picks.
Data, which is the cornerstone of the Action Network’s NFL PRO betting tools, takes emotion out of the equation, leaving it to the numbers to decide on the top value bets of a given week.
And when it comes to the top data-driven NFL picks for Week 2, four games come to the forefront as ones bettors should be keying in on for Sunday’s slate of games, including:
- Panthers vs. Giants (1 p.m. ET)
- Falcons vs. Rams (4:05 p.m. ET)
- Bengals vs. Cowboys (4:25 p.m. ET)
- Texans vs. Broncos (4:25 p.m. ET)
NFL Picks for Week 2
*NFL odds as of Sunday morning
Panthers vs. Giants Pick
1 p.m. ET | FOX
Let me preface this by saying that I’m a Giants fan, so seeing New York as a favorite in Week 2, after an upset win over the Titans in Week 1, makes me nervous, but should I be?
Well, according to the Action Network’s NFL PRO Betting Systems, my anxiety is warranted.
Specifically, the Panthers match our Road Dog, Low Total After Bad Season PRO System, which identifies teams being undervalued due to poor previous seasons in low-total games.