Eagles-Redskins Betting Preview: The Public Can’t Get Enough of Philly

Eagles-Redskins Betting Preview: The Public Can’t Get Enough of Philly article feature image
Credit:

USA Today Sports. Pictured: Adrian Peterson, Nick Foles

Betting odds: Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Redskins

  • Spread: Eagles -6.5
  • Over/Under: 42
  • Time: 4:25 p.m. ET
  • TV channel: FOX

>> All odds as of Thursday evening. Download The Action Network App to get real-time NFL odds and track your bets


Betting market: This is a must-win game for Philly, which means 80% of bettors believe the Eagles will win by at least a touchdown at the time of writing (see live data here).

Don’t include sharp bettors in that 80%, though. In fact, the other 20% has been so sharp that oddsmakers were forced to move the line off the key number of seven.

There have been five reverse line moves on Washington at +7, which explains that movement, doesn’t it?Mark Gallant

Trends to know: Philadelphia opened as 7-point favorites in Washington. Since 2003, teams that opened as at least touchdown favorites on the road in December and January have gone 40-61-2 (40%) against the spread.

If the line moves away from those teams — like with the Eagles (-7 to -6.5) — these teams have gone 11-21-1 (34%) ATS. John Ewing

Playoff picture: This is probably the simplest playoff scenario of the week: To make the postseason, the Eagles need to win and have the Vikings lose to the Bears.

Our simulations give this a 37.5% chance of happening. Scott T. Miller

How would you rate this article?

Top Offers

Action Newsletter
Sign Up >
The top betting news and picks for all the big games delivered directly to your inbox daily.
Action Podcasts
Listen >
The award-winning Action Network Podcast covers all angles of betting and DFS from industry-leading pros.
Betting 101
Bet Smarter >
New to betting? No sweat. Check out our betting education hub, which ranges from beginner tips to advanced strategies.
Sports Betting Legalization
Predictions >
When will sports betting be legal in your state? Check our our projections for all 50 states.
Betting Calculators
Try Now >
Easily calculate your winnings for straight bets and parlays using American, Decimal, or Fractional odds.
Expert Picks
Best Bets >
See all of the bets Action Network experts are making in real-time, covering the big games and the hidden gems.

Top Stories