Redskins vs. Ravens Preseason Betting Odds: Lamar Jackson, RGIII Battle for Backup Job
Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Lamar Jackson, Robert Griffin III
Betting Odds: Washington Redskins at Baltimore Ravens (-6.5)
- Washington Redskins Moneyline: +230
- Baltimore Ravens Moneyline: -280
- Over/Under: 34.5
- Kickoff: Aug. 30, 2018 – 7:30 p.m. ET
Colt McCoy hasn’t practiced all week, so the Redskins are expected to turn to third-year veteran Kevin Hogan and Shepherd University’s own Connor Jessop.
Seventy-one percent of public tickets and 93% of the money have accordingly come in on the Ravens spread since opening at -3.5.
The first-team offense could be joined by running backs Rob Kelley and Samaje Perine, who seem to have lost their early down roles to Adrian Peterson. Peterson, 33, rushed for 56 yards on 11 carries last week, but space back Chris Thompson will undoubtedly be heavily involved.
The Ravens will start Robert Griffin III on Thursday night in a potential battle with Lamar Jackson for the backup job. The 2016 Heisman Trophy winner is certainly the team’s future at the position, but RG3 is probably a more polished passer at this point.
Griffin has made a compelling case to serve as Joe Flacco’s direct backup in 2018:
- Griffin: 65.9% completion rate, 5.9 yards per attempt, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 52 rushing yards
- Jackson: 47.2% completion rate, 5.6 yards per attempt, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 111 rushing yards, 2 rushing TDs