Aston Villa vs. Manchester City EPL Betting Preview: Updated Premier League Odds, Picks, Prediction
Dave Thompson/PA Images via Getty Images. Pictured: Manchester City star Kevin De Bruyne.
- Aston Villa hosts Manchester City in Saturday’s Premier League showdown.
- The Cityzens are huge -275 moneyline road favorites, but analyst Brett Pund has found some betting value in the props market.
- Check out below where he has landed with his top selection.
Aston Villa vs. Man City Odds
|Aston Villa Odds||+700|
|Man City Odds||-275|
|Over/Under||2.5 (-200 / +140)|
|Day | Time||Saturday | 12:30 p.m. ET|
|How To Watch||NBC | Peacock Premium | fuboTV|
|Odds via BetMGM. Get up-to-the-minute soccer odds here.|
After another dominating victory in the midweek Premier League card, reigning champion Manchester City looks to keep its hot start going Saturday when it faces Aston Villa.
The Cityzens have scored multiple goals in all of their games, but they still find themselves behind Arsenal in the table.
Meanwhile, Villa has struggled out of the gates, which has put manager Steven Gerrard firmly on the hot seat.
On paper, this looks like another dominating victory by the visitors. However, I do show value in a player prop tied to City’s high-flying attack.
The Villans put up a spirited fight away from home against Arsenal this past Wednesday, but they still weren't able to pick up a result.
Gerrard’s men have now lost four out of five to start the campaign, with the lone win coming at home against Everton.
The main issues have been on defense, which isn’t a good sign when Manchester City is your next opponent.
By The Numbers
- 0 — The Villans have failed to pick up a clean sheet this season, allowing multiple goals in three of five EPL fixtures.
- 1— Only Bournemouth has allowed more goals from set pieces than Villa's three this season.
Star striker Erling Haaland’s summer transfer to City was one of the more exciting moves of the window. And he has already lived up to the hype.
In his five starts, Haaland has a league-leading nine goals, which includes back-to-back hat tricks in wins against Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forest.
It will be up to Villa to put a stop to his fine start, but that's proving to be a very difficult task.
By The Numbers
- 4 — Key midfielder Kevin De Bruyne is tied with Roberto Firmino, Gabriel Jesus and Jack Harrison for the most assists (3) in the English top flight.
- 1 — City has also been very dangerous from set pieces — ranking in this position in the league — with only Liverpool scoring more through the opening five fixtures of the campaign.
Betting Analysis & Pick
The odds to back City have already reached the point of having no value, but you can still bet player props tied to the best attack. That said, my best bet is for De Bruyne to earn an assist anytime at +160 odds via FanDuel ahead of this EPL showdown.
I laid out the struggles Villa has had defensively, especially on set pieces. De Bruyne takes corners and free kicks, and the Cityzens should have plenty of opportunities to score from those opportunities.
When you add in the fact De Bruyne was rested midweek and has the hottest striker in the league, I think this is a great price for one of the best playmakers in the world to dish out an assist.
The Pick: Kevin De Bruyne — Anytime Assist (+160)