European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds & Totals for Weekend Premier League, Serie A, La Liga & More (May 14-17)
Jonathan Moscrop/Getty Images. Pictured: Cristiano Ronaldo.
The European soccer calendar is in a full on sprint to the finish, as title races, top four, and relegation are starting to be decided. With only a few weeks left in the season it is important to know the motivation for each club. Some clubs have nothing left to play for in terms of Champions League, Europa League and relegation, while others have everything up for grabs.
The European soccer calendar is so congested at the moment. With some teams playing three matches in a 10-day span, some managers might rotate their squads to rest some players. It would probably be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out an hour before kickoff before placing a wager.
You can use these projections to identify betting value on current lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Injury News
- Brighton: Neal Maupay (ST), Lewis Dunk (CB), Davy Propper (CAM), Joel Veltman (CB), Soloman March (LM) and Tariq Lamptey (RB) are out against West Ham.
- Burnley: Robbie Brady (LM) is out against Leeds.
- Crystal Palace: Mamadou Sahko (CB) is out against Aston Villa.
- Everton: Yerry Mina (CB) is questionable to play against Sheffield United.
- Liverpool: James Milner (CM), Jordan Henderson (CM), Joel Matip (CB), Joe Gomez (CB) and Virgil van Dijk (CB) are out against West Brom.
- Manchester City: Kevin De Bruyne (CAM) is questionable to play against Newcastle.
- Newcastle: Callum Wilson (ST), Jamaal Lascelles (CB), Karl Darlow (GK) and Fabian Schär (CB) are out against Mancheste City.
- Sheffield United: Ethan Ampadu (CB), Oliver McBurnie (ST) and Jack O’Connell (CB) are out against Everton.
- Southampton: Ryan Bertrand (LB) and Oriol Romeu (CM) are out against Fulham. Jan Bednarek (CB) is questionable.
- Tottenham: Ben Davies (LB) is out against Wolves.
- West Brom: Branislav Ivanovic (CB) is out against Liverpool.
- West Ham: Declan Rice (CM), Arthur Masuaku (RB) and Manuel Lanzini (CAM) are out against Brighton. Mark Noble (CM) and Aaron Cresswell (LB) are questionable.
- Wolves: Raul Jimenez (ST) and Pedro Neto (LW) are out against Tottenham. Willy Boly (CB) is questionable.
- RB Leipzig vs. Wolfsburg: This is a crucial match for Wolfsburg in their quest to secure a Champions League spot. Wolfsburg is three points clear of fifth-place Frankfurt, so three points could clinch a spot in the Champions League next season. RB Leipzig has already clinched a Champions League spot, but three points would clinch second place in the Bundesliga.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Arminia Bielefeld: Masaya Okugawa (CM) is questionable.
- Augsburg: Felix Uduokhai (CB) and Iago (LB) are out against Werder Bremen.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Lars Bender (CDM), Daley Sinkgraven (LB), Kerem Demirbay (CM) and Leon Bailey (RW) are out against Union Berlin.
- Bayern Munich: Leon Goretzka (CM) and Douglas Costa (CAM) are out against Freiburg.
- Borussia Dortmund: Marwin Hitz (GK) and Axel Witsel (CM) are out against Mainz. Mahmoud Dahoud (CM) and Erling Haaland (ST) are questionable.
- Frankfurt: Tuta (CB) and Sebastian Rode (CM) are out against Schalke.
- Hertha Berlin: Vladimir Darida (CM), Krzysztof Piatek (ST), Matheus Cunha (CM), Matteo Guendouzi (CM) and Dodi Lukebakio (ST) are out against Koln.
- Hoffenheim: Chris Richards (CB) and Oliver Baumann (GK) are out against Arminia Bielefeld.
- Koln: Jannes-Kilian Horn (LB) is out against Hertha Berlin.
- RB Leipzig: Angelino (LWB), Christoher Nkunku (RM) and Tyler Adams (CM) are out against Wolfsburg.
- Schalke: Sead Kolasinac (LB), Benjamin Stambouli (CB), Omar Mascarell (CM), Mehmet Can Aydin (RB) and Matija Nastasic (CB) are out against Frankfurt.
- Union Berlin: Marcus Ingvartsen (CM) and Grischa Promel (CM) are out against Leverkusen.
- Vfb Stuttgart: Silas Wamangituka (RM), Tanguy Coulibaly (RM), Konstantinos Mavropanos (CB) and Gregor Kobel (GK) are out against Gladbach. Orel Mangala (CM)
- Werder Bremen: Marco Friedl (CB) and Omer Toprak (CB) are questionable to play against Augsburg.
- Wolfsburg: Renato Steffen (LM) is out against RB Leipzig. Kevin Mbabu (RB) is questionable.
Serie A Notes
- Inter vs. Juventus: This is a huge match for Juventus to secure a Champions League spot for next season. They are currently sitting one point behind Napoli for fourth place in Serie A and the final Champions League spot with only two matches left in the season. Inter have already secured the Serie A title, so this match means nothing to them. However, Inter are unbeaten in their last 20 Sere A matches and beat Juventus 2-0 earlier this season.
Serie A Injury News
- AC Milan: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (ST) is out against Cagliari.
- Bologna: Aaron Hickey (LB) is questionable to play against Verona.
- Genoa: Milan Badelj (CM), Davide Biraschi (RM) and Domenico Criscito (CB) are questionable to play against Atalanta.
- Inter: Arturo Vidal (CM) is questionable to play against Juventus.
- Lazio: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (CM) is questionable to play against Roma.
- Napoli: Kalidou Koulibaly (CB) is out against Fiorentina.
- Parma: Simone Iacoponi (CB) and Dennis Man (RW) are questionable to play against Sassuolo. Gaston Brugman (CM) is out.
- Roma: Jordan Veretout (CM) and Leonardo Spinazzola (LM) are questionable to play against Lazio.
- Torino: Nicolas N’Koulou (CB) and Salvatore Sirigu (GK) are out against Spezia.
- Udinese: Gerard Deulofeu (ST) is out against Sampdoria. Ignacio Pussetto (ST) is questionable.
- Verona: Miguel Veloso (CM) is questionable to play against Bologna.
La Liga Injury News
- Athletic Bilbao: Ander Capa (RB), Yeray Alvarez (CB), Yuri Berchiche (LB), and Iker Muniain (LW) are questionable to play against Real Madrid.
- Atletico Madrid: Thomas Lemar (LM) is out against Osasuna.
- Barcelona: Philippe Coutinho (CAM) and Ansu Fati (LW) are out against Celta Vigo. Sergi Roberto (RB) is questionable.
- Cadiz: Salvi Sanchez (RM), Juan Cala (CB) and Alex Fernández (LM) are out against Elche.
- Celta Vigo: Ruben Blanco (GK) and Jeison Murillo (CB) are questionable to play against Barcelona. Renato Tapia (CM) is out.
- Eibar: Alejandro Pozo (RB) is questionable to play against Valencia.
- Elche: Johan Mojica (LB) is questionable to play against Cadiz.
- Granada: Kenedy (LM) and Luis Milla (CAM) are questionable to play against Alaves.
- Levante: Nikola Vukcevic (CM) is questionable to play against Getafe.
- Real Madrid: Daniel Carvajal (RB), Lucas Vazquez (RW), Raphael Varane (CB) and Sergio Ramos (CB) are questionable to play against Athletic Bilbao. Ferland Mendy (LB) is out.
- Real Sociedad: Mikel Merino (CM) is out against Real Valladolid.
- Villarreal: Samuel Chukwueze (RM) is out against Sevilla.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Angers: Souleyman Doumbia (LB), Rachid Alioui (CM) and Sofiane Boufal (LM) are questionable to play against Marseille. Ismael Traore (CB) is out.
- Bordeaux: Haten Ben Arfa (CAM), Otávio (CDM) and Laurent Koscielny (CB) are questionable to play against Lens.
- Brest: Christophe Herelle (CB) is questionable to play against Montpellier.
- Dijon: Sacha Boey (RB) and Wesley Lautoa (CM) are out against Nantes.
- Lens: Issiaga Sylla (LB) and Florian Sotoca (ST) are out against Bordeaux.
- Lille: Benjamin Andre (ST) is out against Lens.
- Lorient: Jonathan Delaplace (RB) is questionable to play against Metz.
- Lyon: Jonathan Denayer (CB) is questionable to play against Nimes.
- Marseille: Pape Gueye (CM) is out against Angers.
- Metz: Opa Nguette (LW) is questionable to play against Lorient.
- Monaco: Sofiane Diop (CAM) and Steven Jovetic (ST) are questionable to play against Rennes.
- Nice: Myziane Maolida (RW), Pierre Lees-Melou (CM) and Morgan Schneiderlin (CM) are out against Strasbourg.
- PSG: Presnel Kimpembe (CB), Layvin Kurzawa (LB) and Marco Verratti (CM) are out against Reims.
- Reims: Valon Berisha (CM) is out against PSG.
- Rennes: Adrien Truffert (LB) is questionable to play against Monaco.
- Saint Etienne: Harold Moukoudi (CB) and Jessy Moulin (GK) are out against Lille.