European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A & More (Jan. 6)
Marco Bertorello/AFP via Getty Images. Pictured: Cristiano Ronaldo and his Juventus teammates.
The busiest part of the European club soccer calendar continues Wednesday, with La Liga, Ligue 1 and Serie A in action around the continent.
Ligue 1 has been off for a few weeks in France, while Serie A was in action over the weekend in Italy. Athletic Bilbao and Barcelona is the lone La Liga match on the card, with the rest of the league playing this weekend across Spain.
This is the busiest time of the year for these clubs, so managers will rotate their squads to rest certain players. Therefore, might be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out before heading to the wagering window.
You can use these projections to identify early betting value on the opening lines, and follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Serie A Notes:
- AC Milan vs. Juventus: AC Milan can take a 13-point lead over the defending champion with a win in Wednesday’s fixture. Juventus has struggled thus far, settling for six draws when it only had five all of last season AC Milan has had a big turnaround, as it’s 17 points ahead of where it was last year at this point. They’ve yet to lose yet this year as well.
Serie A Injury News
- AC Milan: Sandro Tonali (CM) and Alexis Saelemaekers (RM) are out against Juventus. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (ST) is questionable.
- Atalanta: Duvan Zapata (ST) is out against Parma.
- Bologna: Lorenzo De Silvestri (RB) is out against Udinese.
- Cagliari: Marko Rog (RB) is out against Benevento. Diego Godin (CB) is questionable.
- Crotone: Luca Cigarini (CM) is questionable to face Roma.
- Genoa: Cristian Zapata (CB) is out against Sassuolo.
- Inter: Romelu Lukaku (ST) is questionable to face Sampdoria.
- Juventus: Alex Sandro (LB) and Alvaro Morata (ST) are questionable to play against AC Milan.
- Lazio: Joaquin Correa (ST) and Mohamed Fares (LM) are questionable to face Fiorentina.
- Napoli: Victor Osimhen (ST) and Dries Mertens (CF) are questionable to face Spezia.
- Parma: Gervinho (ST) is questionable to face Atalanta.
- Sampdoria: Manuel Gabbiadini (CAM) is questionable to play against Inter.
- Spezia: Matteo Ricci (CM) and Daniele Verdi (RW) are questionable to face Napoli.
- Udinese: Thomas Ouwejan (LM) and Stefano Okaka (ST) are questionable to play against Bologna.
Ligue 1 Notes:
- Marseille vs. Montpellier: Both clubs, who are on outside looking in at the top three, are winless in each of their last three games. Marseille has won three of its last four at home. Montpellier has the same record on the road in its last four. That said, something has to give.
- Lyon vs. Lens: The league leader looks to keep the top spot against its foe. Lyon is scorching hot, winning seven of its last eight and outscoring its opponents by a 19-5 margin. Lens has won three of its last four road tilts.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Angers: Romain Thomas (CB), Sada Thioub (RM), Ibrahim Amadou (CM), and Rachid Alioui (CM). Souleyman Doumbia (LB) and Sofiane Boufal (LM) are out.
- Bordeaux: Laurent Koscielny (CB) and Nicolas De Preville (LM) are questionable to play against Metz. Hafem Ben Arfa (CAM) is out.
- Lens: Facundo Medina (CB) is out against Lyon.
- Lille: Renato Sanches (CM) is questionable to play against Angers.
- Lyon: Karl Toko Ekambi (LW) and Bruno Guimaraes (CDM) are questionable to play against Lens. Marcelo (CB) is out.
- Marseille: Valentin Rongier (CM) is out against Montpellier. Jordan Amavi (LB) and Morgan Sanson (CM) are questionable.
- Metz: Opa Nguette (LW) is questionable to play against Bordeaux.
- Monaco: Cesc Fabregas (CM) is questionable to play against Lorient.
- Montpellier: Teji Savanier (CM), Pedro Mendes (CB), and Stephy Mavididi (LW) are all questionable to face Marseille.
- Nice: Kasper Dolberg (ST) and Pierre Lees-Melou (CM) are questionable to play against Brest.
- Nimes: Loick Landre (CB), Lucas Deaux (CM), and Birger Meling (LB) are all questionable to face Strasbourg.
- PSG: Neymar (CF), Presnel Kimpembe (CB), Layvin Kurzawa (LB), Danilo Pereira (CM), Alessandro Florenzi (RB), and Mauro Icardi (ST) are all questionable to play against Saint Etienne.
- Rennes: Faitout Maouassa (LB), Romain Del Castillo (RW), and Daniele Rugani (CB) are questionable to face Nantes.
- Saint Etienne: Mahdi Camara (CM) is out against PSG. Panagiotis Retsos (CB) is questionable.
- Strasbourg: Bingourou Kamara (GK) is out against Nantes.
La Liga Notes
- Athletic Bilbao vs. Barcelona: Barcelona is currently 10 points behind Spanish leader Atletico Madrid. It essentially needs to go on a major run if it’s going to catch its rival. Athletic Bilbao has struggled against clubs ahead of them in the table, going 1-1-4 this season.
La Liga Injury News
- Athletic Bilbao: Yeray Alvarez (CB) is questionable to face Barcelona.
- Barcelona: Sergi Roberto (RB), Samuel Umtiti (CB), and Gerard Pique (CB) are questionable to play against Athletic Bilbao. Philippe Coutinho (CAM) and Ansu Fati (LW) are out.