Manchester United vs. Chelsea Odds, Picks & Predictions: Should You Bet on the Red Devils As Big Underdogs?
Martin Rickett/PA Images via Getty Images. Pictured: Marcus Rashford
- The updated betting odds for Monday's Premier League match between Manchester United and Chelsea still make Chelsea an odds-on favorite, but the line has moved away from the Blues a bit.
- On Sunday, Chelsea's odds sat at -120 on the three-way line, with Man U's odds at +340. The updated lines make Chelsea a -105 favorite, with the Red Devils now +300 and a draw +240.
- What picks have the most betting value? Our EPL expert Jeremy Pond digs into the angles to know before betting the match.
Manchester United at Chelsea Odds
Manchester United odds: +300
Chelsea odds: -105
Over/Under: 2.5 (-110/-110)
Time: 3 p.m. ET
Odds as of Monday afternoon and via FanDuel, where Action Network users get a risk-free bet up to $500.
When it comes to meaningful matches, they don’t get any bigger than Monday’s Premier League showdown between Chelsea and Manchester United at Stamford Bridge.
Both clubs are looking to come out of the winter break on the right foot and make respective runs toward coveted Champions League berths.
The Blues currently sit in fourth place on the table and maintain their small grip on a Champions League spot. Their 12-8-5 record is good enough for 41 points, just a point ahead of Tottenham Hotspur and two clear of upstart Sheffield United. Manchester United is on 35 points with a 9-8-8 record, good enough for ninth place in the standings after 25 matches.
Chelsea enters the match off back-to-back 2-2 draws against Arsenal and Leicester City. Prior to that, the Blues suffered a shocking 1-0 loss against Newcastle United.
The other glaring fact haunting Chelsea is its recent league struggles at home. The Blues have won just two of their past six Premier League outings at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea vs. Manchester United Trends and Stats
- The total has stayed under 2.5 goals in Manchester United’s last four away Premier League matches
- Manchester United has scored at least two goals in their last three away matches against Chelsea across all competitions
- Chelsea has scored a goal in nine of its 12 home league contests
- Manchester United has scored at least one goal in its last six matches against Chelsea
However, Manchester United hasn’t been much better as of late. The Red Devils have been shut out in four of their last five league tilts and failed to score a goal in their last three matches.
In my opinion, there isn’t much separating the clubs despite the six-point difference in the standings. They are legit Top-10 clubs and both could play their way into the Top-4 by the end of the campaign.
The one thing that is working for the Red Devils entering this match is history. Manchester United is in the midst of a five-match unbeaten run against Chelsea across all competitions.
I forecast this to be a close match, with both sides tightening the screws on the defensive side. These are two of the best four defensive teams in the Premier League, per expected goals, so I’m backing the under as my top play and sprinkling a little on the draw.
The Bet(s): Total Under 2.5 Goals (-110); Draw +260