Lo Duca’s Game 163 Betting Guide: Finding Value in Brewers-Cubs, Rockies-Dodgers
Jayne Camin-Oncea, USA Today Sports. Pictured: Walker Buehler
- The Cubs are a small favorite over the Brewers to win the NL Central tiebreaker.
- The Dodgers are a -165 favorite in the one-game playoff for the National League West.
Two one-game playoffs to decide who plays in the one-game playoff. Isn’t baseball great?
Just a quick note on how this will work. The loser of Monday’s Colorado/Los Angeles game will travel to play the loser of Monday’s Milwaukee/Chicago contest on Tuesday night. The winners of each game will advance to the National League Divisional Series, which begin on Thursday.
Betting odds: Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs
- Brewers Moneyline: +115 (Jhoulys Chacin)
- Cubs Moneyline: -125 (Jose Quintana)
- Over/Under: 8 (-105/-115)
- First pitch: 1:05 p.m. ET
- Channel: ESPN
The Brewers come into this game red hot. They’ve won seven in a row, nine out of 10 and are 19-7 in September. Milwaukee has been consistent all season but it is oozing confidence right now.
The Cubs have stumbled a little bit in September. Chicago blew a five-game lead in the division and finished the month 15-12. They should have wrapped this up a while ago, but put themselves in a precarious situation.