NASCAR Props Challenge Picks for Saturday’s Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond
Amber Searls-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver Martin Truex Jr.
- NASCAR's Props Challenge game asks fans to answer 10 prop-betting questions each week, with weekly winners eligible for prizes.
- PJ Walsh offers his Props Challenge picks and analysis for Saturday's Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond Raceway (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
Martin Truex Jr. scored the first win of the 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) playoffs last weekend in Las Vegas, and is hoping to make it back-to-back wins Saturday night in Richmond.
Truex won this race in the spring, and is unsurprisingly among the favorites at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas.
To make this week’s NASCAR Props Challenge picks, I’ll rely on betting odds to project expected driver performance, as well as race trends from the April race at Richmond Raceway.
1. Which playoff driver earns the higher finish: Kyle Busch or Denny Hamlin?
This is close, but I’ll take Busch and his +300 odds to win the race over Hamlin’s +600.
2. Will all top-10 finishers be playoff drivers? Yes or No?
Daniel Suarez and Jimmie Johnson — both +8000 — have the best betting odds to win Saturday’s race among the drivers not currently in the playoffs.
Considering neither finished top 10 in the spring, I’m not very optimistic that a non-playoff driver finishes up there.
3. Toyota has won six of the last eight Richmond races. Will Toyota win again this weekend? Yes or No?
I typically don’t like taking one manufacturer over the field, but am going to make an exception here. Toyota drivers Kyle Busch (+300), Martin Truex Jr. (+500) and Denny Hamlin (+600) are on the short list of race favorites, with Erik Jones still in the mix at +1600.
4. Clint Bowyer has three straight top 10s at Richmond. Does the streak continue? Yes or No?
Bowyer was really good here in the spring, highlighted by a third-place finish and the fifth-most fast laps run.