Bucks-Knicks Christmas Betting Guide: Value on the Over/Under?
Photo credits: USAToday Sports. Pictured: Giannis Antetokounmpo and Kevin Knox
NBA Betting Odds: Milwaukee Bucks at New York Knicks
- Spread: Bucks -9.5
- Over/Under: 224.5
- Time: 12 p.m. ET
- TV channel: ESPN
>> All odds as of 11 a.m. ET. Download The Action Network App to get real-time NBA odds and track your bets
In Christmas Day’s first game, the 22-10 Milwaukee Bucks will visit the lowly 9-25 Knicks, who are in the midst of a 2-8 ATS streak.
Will New York turn things around and cover the double-digit spread? Is there any value on the over/under? Our analysts dive in.
- Milwaukee Bucks: Ersan Ilyasova (nose) is without a timetable to return.
- New York Knicks: Mitchell Robinson (ankle) is out. Allonzo Trier (hamstring) is expected to play.
Betting Trends to Know
Since 2005, the Knicks are 2-6 SU and 1-7 ATS on Christmas Day, including 0-5 ATS as an underdog and failing to cover by seven points per game. — John Ewing
Between 2002 and 2008, the Knicks didn’t play at home on Christmas Day. In the last decade, the Knicks are 1-7 against-the-spread at home on Christmas, failing to cover the spread by 5.1 PPG, making New York the least-profitable home team on Christmas in the Bet Labs database.
Since 2005, only three teams have been larger than a seven-point underdog at home on Christmas Day:
- 2015: Lakers (+12.5) vs. Clippers, Lost by 10
- 2013: Knicks (+10.5) vs. Thunder, Lost by 29
- 2013: Lakers (+9.5) vs. Heat, Lost by 6 — Evan Abrams