Updated Cam Newton Next Team Odds: Chargers Heavy Favorites to Land Former MVP Quarterback
Grant Halverson/Getty Images. Pictured: Cam Newton
- The Los Angeles Chargers are the heavy favorites to sign former NFL MVP Cam Newton.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots are also in the mix to land the former Carolina Panthers quarterback.
- See the updated betting odds for Cam Newton's next team.
If you missed the first week of NFL free agency, the Carolina Panthers and Cam Newton will be moving on from one another, as the team initially gave Newton permission to seek a trade, and has since officially released him.
The odds on Newton’s next team have bounced all of the place since they were posted by FanDuel Sportsbook. Let’s take a look at the latest odds.
Cam Newton Next Team Odds
- Los Angeles Chargers -150 ($15 bet profits $10)
- Jacksonville Jaguars: +470
- Miami Dolphins: +470
- Denver Broncos: +600
- New England Patriots: +650
- Washington Redskins: +1000
- Las Vegas Raiders: +1200
- Pittsburgh Steelers: +2000
As mentioned, the Cam market has been a lively one.
Over the past week alone, the Chargers have jumped from third on this list (at +350) to the top as -150 favorites. That’s an implied probability boost of 22.2% to 60%.
Next up are the Jaguars and Dolphins at +470 (17.5% implied probability).
After Jacksonville and Miami come the Broncos at +600, with the Patriots just behind at +650.
For anyone rooting to see a Belichick-Cam combo in 2020, the Patriots’ +650 odds imply about a 13.3% chance of you getting your wish.
Rounding out the list, the Redskins (now home to Cam’s former teammate, Kyle Allen), Raiders and Steelers come in at +1000, +1200 and +2000, respectively.