Falcons Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan (2) and wide receiver Julio Jones (11) run out of the tunnel at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Atlanta Falcons Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 8.5 (-145)/Under 8.5 (+125)
- Odds to win the NFC South: 3-1
- Odds to make the NFC Playoffs: +160
- Odds to win the NFC Championship: 15-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 30-1
The Falcons return one of the most potent offenses in the NFL.
Can Atlanta’s defense catch up and make them a legit contender?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Thursday, August 29.
My Win Total Projection: 8.2
I have the Falcons rated as a borderline top-10 team. However, their win total is a bit low due to their tough schedule (fifth in SoS). I think the market is overlooking that very important metric.
They have a brutal opening to open the season (Vikings and Eagles) before having to face the Saints/Panthers twice and the Rams once at home.
Just to hammer my point home: If you gave the Falcons the Patriots’ 32nd-ranked schedule, their projected wins would jump from 8.2 to 9.5.
So while the strength of an individual team is important, it’s important to remember that it’s not the only factor. Paying attention to metrics like strength of schedule is vital to spotting value. Give me the under 8.5 +125.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 at Vikings: Falcons +3
- Week 2 vs. Eagles: Falcons -1.5
- Week 3 at Colts: Falcons +1
- Week 4 vs. Titans: Falcons -4
- Week 5 at Texans: Falcons +2.5
- Week 6 at Cardinals: Falcons -3.5
- Week 7 vs. Rams: Falcons PK
- Week 8 vs. Seahawks: Falcons -3.5
- Week 10 at Saints: Falcons +5.5
- Week 11 at Panthers: Falcons +2.5
- Week 12 vs. Buccaneers: Falcons -6.5
- Week 13 vs. Saints: Falcons -0.5
- Week 14 vs. Panthers: Falcons -3
- Week 15 at 49ers: Falcons +1
- Week 16 vs. Jaguars: Falcons -3.5
- Week 17 at Buccaneers: Falcons -1