Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports.
- Freezing temps across the midwest will impact a number of NFL games, though cold weather games have gone over at a high rate.
- Meanwhile, warm winds in Florida are driving down over/unders in Patriots-Dolphins and Saints-Buccaneers.
We’ve reached that time of year when you’re probably better off staying home and watching football on your TV rather than going and freezing your butt off in the bleachers.
You can still drink beers and eat a bunch of meats and cheeses for several hours at your house without bearing the elements. Plus you’ll save a chunk of change on parking, tickets, refreshments and the like.
We have a beefy slate on deck that features games with temps ranging from 25 to 84 degrees. And you wonder why the old folks move to Florida.
Cold Weather Games
The average temperature will be below freezing for the following matchups:
- Falcons-Packers: 25 degrees; 51.5 over/under
- Panthers-Browns: 30 degrees; 47 O/U
- Ravens-Chiefs: 28 degrees; 51 O/U
- Rams-Bears: 25 degrees; 51.5 O/U
You’d think that cold weather games would be good for unders, but that hasn’t been the case historically.