Odds Movement Suggests Gronkowski More Likely to Retire After Super Bowl 53
Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Rob Gronkowski.
- Rob Gronkowski's responses when asked about retirement have made it clear that Super Bowl 53 may be his final game.
- As a result, one sportsbook has moved his retirement odds from +600 to +300 over the past two weeks.
- Bettors must be careful though, as many books offering odds require that Gronk retires right after the game on the broadcast.
When not being asked brain-busters such as his favorite number, Rob Gronkowski has been hit with some tough questions in Atlanta over the past couple of weeks.
When his quarterback Tom Brady was asked what percent chance he would retire after Super Bowl 53, he responded with “zero.” When Gronk has faced the same question, he’s been … very non-committal.
Naturally, you can bet on whether or not he retires.
Over the past couple of weeks, odds that Gronk will retire have been popping up at various sportsbooks, mostly in the +600 range. However, when doing my frequent Super Bowl 53 prop bet checks, I noticed his odds to retire after the game have been on the move.
A couple of days ago, they were at +500. Then +400, and now +300.
Other bets for the Super Bowl that can cash at +300?
- Will Gladys Knight forget or omit a word from the national anthem: Yes
- Will a player propose to his girlfriend on the field after the game: Yes
- Anytime touchdown scorer: Phillip Dorsett
- Patriots -11.5
- Over 66.5
Which of the +300 payouts is your favorite?
The big thing bettors need to note regarding this prop bet are the stipulations. Most sportsbooks require that he retires after the game on the broadcast. You know, a riding off into the sunset type of retirement.
However, he stated on one occasion last week that he isn’t making the decision right after the game. He’s going to wait a couple of weeks. Although he may very well retire, you’d still lose if you took “yes” and he hung up the spikes at some point during the offseason.
Always read the fine print.