European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Weekend Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A & More (April 9-12)
Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images. Pictured: Barcelona star Lionel Messi takes a shot on goal.
We are in the stretch run of the European club soccer calendar, with matches starting to decide more and more title races each passing week. We saw a ton of action out of the international break, with huge clubs taking care of business with a couple of big upsets:
- Relegation-side West Bromwich Albion pulled off a massive upset at Stamford Bridge, earning a 5-2 win over Chelsea as a +1200 underdog.
- Manchester City scored two second-half goals at the King Power Stadium, en route to a 2-0 victory over third-place Leicester City.
- Newcastle United scored an 85th-minute goal to secure a 2-2 draw against Tottenham Hotspur, denying Spurs a chance at moving into the Premier League’s top four.
- Liverpool routed Arsenal, 3-0, at Emirates Stadium, holding the Gunners to three total shots in the game.
- Eintracht Frankfurt upset Borussia Dortmund, 2-1, at Signal Iduna Park and now has a seven-point lead for the final spot in the Bundesliga’s top four.
- Bayern Munich earned a 1-0 victory against RB Leipzig, all but locking up their 10th consecutive Bundesliga title.
- Sevilla defeated Atlético Madrid, 1-0, which drops Atlético Madrid’s lead in La Liga down to one point over Barcelona.
- Lille upset Paris Saint-Germain by a 1-0 scoreline at Parc des Princes, and now holds a three-point lead at the top of the table with only seven matches left in the season.
Due to the fact the European soccer calendar is so congested at the moment with Champions League, Europa League and mid-week matches taking place, managers might be rotating their squads to rest some players. It would probably be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out an hour before kickoff before placing a wager.
You can use these projections to identify betting value on current lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- Tottenham vs. Manchester United: The Red Devils will be looking for some revenge Sunday in England’s top flight. The last time these two met, Spurs walked away with a resounding 6-1 win at Old Trafford. Tottenham is on the cusp of getting back inside the top four, so it desperately needs to get all three points at home. Manchester United is sitting comfortably in second place and played a Europa League match Thursday, so it’ll be interesting to see how motivated the club is for this match.
- Arsenal: Kieran Tierney (LB) and David Luiz (CB) are out against Sheffield United. Martin Ødegaard (CAM) is questionable.
- Aston Villa: Jack Grealish (LM) is out against Liverpool.
- Brighton: Tariq Lamptey (RB) and Solly March (LB) are out against Everton.
- Burnley: Ashley Barnes (ST) and Robbie Brady (LM) are out against Newcastle.
- Chelsea: Thiago Silva (CB) is out against Crystal Palace.
- Crystal Palace: James McArthur (CM) and Mamadou Sahko (CB) are out against Chelsea. Nathaniel Clyne (RB) is questionable.
- Everton: Jordan Pickford (GK), Abdoulaye Doucoure (CM), Andre Gomes (CM), Fabian Delph (CM), and Bernard (CAM) are out against Brighton. Alex Iwobi (LM) and Allan (CM) are questionable.
- Fulham: Tom Cairney (CAM) is out against Wolves.
- Leeds: Jack Harrison (CM) is out against Manchester City.
- Leicester: Caglar Soyuncu (CB), James Justin (LB) and Harvey Barnes (LM) are out against West Ham.
- Liverpool: Jordan Henderson (CM), Joel Matip (CB), Joe Gomez (CB) and Virgil van Djik (CB) are out against Aston Villa.
- Manchester United: Anthony Martial (ST) is out against Tottenham.
- Newcastle: Fabian Schär (CB) is out against Burnley.
- Sheffield United: Sander Berge (CM), Chris Basham (CB), John Egan (CB) and Jack O’Connell (CB) are out against Arsenal. Jayden Bogle (RB) is questionable.
- Southampton: Oriol Romeu (CM) is out against West Brom. Kyle Walker-Peters (RB) is questionable.
- Tottenham: Ben Davies (LB) and Matt Doherty (RB) are out against Manchester United.
- West Brom: Branislav Ivanovic (CB) is out against Southampton.
- West Ham: Angelo Ogbonna (CB), Declan Rice (CM), and Michail Antonio (ST) are out against Leicester. Angelo Ogbonna (CB) is out.
- Wolves: Joao Moutinho (CM) is questionable to play against Fulham. Raul Jimenez (ST) and Willy Boly (CB) are out.
- Frankfurt vs. Wolfsburg: Two of the surprise Bundesliga teams meet Saturday in a top-four clash. Wolfsburg has been one of the most consistent teams in Germany this season, as it’s only lost once in its last 13 matches. Frankfurt is on a crazy run itself, as it’s lost juts once in its last 16 Bundesliga matches. Wolfsburg walked away with a 2-1 win over Frankfurt earlier this season, so the home side will be looking for some revenge.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Arminia Bielefeld: Arne Maier (CM) is out against Freiburg.
- Augsburg: Iago (LWB) is out against Schalke.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Lars Bender (CDM) is questionable against Hoffenheim.
- Bayern Munich: Serge Gnarby (RM), Alphonso Davies (LB), Robert Lewandowski (ST) and Douglas Costa (LM) are out against Union Berlin.
- Borussia Dortmund: Jadon Sancho (RM) and Axel Witsel (CM) are out against Vfb Stuttgart.
- Frankfurt: Amin Younes (CAM) is questionable to play against Wolfsburg. Martin Hinteregger (CB) is out.
- Freiburg: Ermedin Demirovic (ST), Lucas Höler (ST), and Vincenzo Grifo (LM) are out against Arminia Bielefeld.
- Gladbach: Jonas Hofmann (LM) is out against Hertha Berlin.
- Hertha Berlin: Vladimir Darida (CM) and Dedryck Boyata (CB) are out against Gladbach.
- Hoffenheim: Andrej Kramaric (ST) is out against Leverkusen.
- RB Leipzig: Angelino (LB) is questionable to play against Werder Bremen. Dayot Upamecano (CB), Nordi Mukiele (RB), and Yussuf Poulson (ST) are out.
- Schalke: Matija Nastasic (CB), Shkordran Mustafi (CB), and William (RM) are questionable to play against Augsburg.
- Union Berlin: Taiwo Awoniyi (ST) is questionable to play against Bayern Munich
- Vfb Stuttgart: Orel Mangala (CM) and Silas Wamangituka (RM) are out against Dortmund.
- Werder Bremen: Maximilian Eggestein, Ludwig Augustinsson (LM), Omer Toprak (CB), and Milos Veljkovic (CB) are out against RB Leipzig.
- Wolfsburg: Renato Steffen (LM) and Paulo Otavio (LB) are out against Frankfurt.
Serie A Injury News
- AC Milan: Mario Mandzukic (ST) is questionable to play against Parma. Alessio Romagnoli (CB) is out.
- Atalanta: Matteo Pessina (CAM) is questionable to play against Fiorentina.
- Bologna: Aaron Hickey (LB) is out against Roma.
- Cagliari: Nahitan Nández (RM) and Alessio Cragno (GK) are questionable to play against Inter.
- Crotone: Pedro Pereira (RM) out against Spezia.
- Fiorentina: Franck Ribery (LM) is out against Atalanta.
- Inter: Ivan Perisic (LM) is questionable to play against Cagliari.
- Juventus: Leonardo Bonucci (CB) is questionable to play against Genoa.
- Lazio: Joaquin Correa (ST), Maneul Lazzari (RM) are out against Verona. Luiz Felipe (CB) is questionable.
- Parma: Simone Iacoponi (CB) is questionable to play against AC Milan.
- Roma: Henrikh Mkhitaryan (CAM) and Chris Smalling (CB) are questionable to play against Bologna.
- Sampdoria: Albin Ekdal (CM) is questionable to play against Napoli.
- Sassuolo: Domenico Berardi (RM) is questionable to play against Benevento.
- Torino: Salvatore Sirigu (GK) and Wilfried Singo (RW) are questionable to play against Udinese.
- Udinese: Ignacio Pussetto (ST) is questionable to play against Torino.
La Liga Notes
- Real Madrid vs. Barcelona: The biggest match in all of club soccer — El Clásico — takes place Saturday, with huge title implications on the line. Barcelona trails Atlético Madrid by a point, while Real Madrid trails it by three points. Three points for either side could vault it into first place in the league. Real Madrid has won the last two meetings with Barcelona, including a 3-1 win at Camp Nou in October.
La Liga Injury News
- Athletic Bilbao: Yuri Berchiche (LB) is out against Alaves.
- Atletico Madrid: Joao Felix (ST) is questionable to play against Real Betis. Yannick Carrasco (LM) and Luis Suarez (ST) is out.
- Barcelona: Philippe Coutinho (CAM) and Ansu Fati (LW) are questionable to play against Real Madrid.
- Cadiz: Anthony Lazano (ST) is questionable to play against Getafe.
- Celta Vigo: Nestor Araujo (CB) and Ruben Blanco (GK) are questionable to play against Sevilla.
- Eibar: Pedro Bigas (CM) is questionable to play against Levante. Yoshinori Muto (ST) and Bryan Gil (LM) are out.
- Elche: Lucas Boye (ST) is out against Huesca.
- Getafe: Erick Cabaco (CB) is out against Cadiz.
- Granada: Luis Milla (CAM)and Roberto Soldado (ST) are out against Real Valladolid.
- Huesca: Pablo Maffeo (RB) is out against Elche.
- Levante: Gonzalo Melero (CM) is questionable to play against Eibar. Jorge Miramon (RB) and Nikola Vukcevic (CM) are out.
- Osasuna: Jon Moncayola (CM) is out against Villarreal.
- Real Betis: Borja Iglesias (ST) is questionable to play against Atletico Madrid.
- Real Madrid: Dani Caravajal (RB) is questionable to play against Barcelona. Raphael Varane (CB) and Sergio Ramos (CB) are out.
- Real Sociedad: David Silva (CAM) is questionable to play against Valencia.
- Real Valladolid: Fabian Orellana (RM) is out against Granada. Joaquin Fernandez (CB) is questionable.
- Valencia: Eliaquim Mangala (CB) is questionable to play against Real Sociedad. Jasper Cillessen (GK) is out.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Angers: Vincent Manceau (RB) and Sofiane Boufal (LM) are out against Lyon. Rachid Alioui (CM) is questionable.
- Bordeaux: Samuel Kalu (LM) and Otávio (CDM) are out against Saint Etienne.
- Brest: Haris Belkebla (CM), Paul Lasne (CM), and Christophe Herelle (CB) are out against Niimes.
- Lens: Seko Fofana (CM) is questionable to play against Lorient.
- Lille: Jonathan David (ST) is out against Metz. Zeki Celik (RB) is questionable.
- Lorient: Jeremy Morel (CB)is out against Lens.
- Marseille: Yuto Nagatomo (LB) is out against Montpellier.
- Metz: Opa Nguette (LW) is out against Lille.
- Monaco: Sofiane Diop (CAM) is out against Dijon.
- Nice: Youcef Atal (RB) is out against Reims.
- PSG: Marco Verratti (CM), Marquinos (CB), and Alessandro Florenzi (RB) are questionable to play against Strasbourg. Marco Icardi (ST), Neymar (CF), and Layvin Kurzawa (LB) are out.
- Reims: Valon Berisha (CM) is out against Nice.
- Rennes: Jeremy Doku (RW) is out against Nantes.
- Strasbourg: Alexander Djiku (CB) and Mohamed Simakan (CB) are out against PSG.
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.