European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Weekend Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A & More (Feb. 5-8)
Alex Pantling/Getty Images. Pictured: Riyad Mahrez.
Once again, all five major leagues are in action this weekend, which means there is a full slate of European soccer on which to bet.
Here is a snapshot of what we saw the last time each of these leagues were in action:
- Manchester United defeated Southampton 9-0, which is the largest margin of victory since Southampton lost to Leicester 9-0 last season.
- Liverpool were upset again at home, this time to Brighton, which now puts the Reds seven point behind Manchester City in the title race.
- Chelsea defeated Tottenham 1-0 at White Hart Lane. The Blues now have three straight clean sheets under Thomas Tuchel.
- RB Leipzig defeated Leverkusen 1-0 at home, which dropped Leverkusen outside the top four.
- Frankfurt defeated Hertha Berlin 3-1, which was their sixth win in seven matches. The win also moved them into the top four in the Bundesliga table.
- Lazio defeated Atalanta on the road, keeping their hopes of a top-four finish alive.
- Real Madrid were upset at home by Levante, while Atletico Madrid took care of business against Cadiz. Atletico now has a 10-point lead a top the La Liga table with a game in hand on both Barcelona and Real Madrid.
With how busy the European soccer calendar is at the moment, managers might be rotating their squads to rest some players. Therefore, it might be a good idea to wait to place a wager until starting lineups come out prior to kickoff.
You can use these projections to identify early betting value on the opening lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- Aston Villa vs. Arsenal: Both clubs are coming off disappointing losses during the week and are desperate for a win. Aston Villa and Arsenal are sitting right smack dab in the middle of the table and are within striking distance of the top six. Arsenal has only one loss in their last eight matches and has three of their last four on the road. Aston Villa smoked Arsenal 3-0 at the Emirates back in November, so the Gunners will be out for revenge.
- Manchester United vs. Everton: How will the Red Devils respond after beating Southampton 9-0 on Tuesday? The win was only their second victory by more than one goal at Old Trafford this season. Everton picked up a much-needed win on the road at Leeds on Wednesday, which was their fourth straight win away from home. Manchester United defeated Everton 3-1 at Goodison Park back in November.
- Liverpool vs. Manchester City: Liverpool is in desperation mode after losing to Brighton at home on Wednesday. If Manchester City wins they will effectively eliminate the Reds from the title race. The Cityzens currently look like the best team in Europe as they’ve won nine straight Premier League matches and have conceded only one goal in those matches. However, Pep Guardiola has never beaten Liverpool at Anfield since he took over as manager.
Premier League Injury News
- Arsenal: Kieran Tierney (RB), David Luiz (CB), and Bernd Leno (GK) are out against Aston Villa.
- Brighton: Tariq Lamptey (RB), Joël Veltman (RB), Alexis Mac Allister (CM), Solly March (LB) are out against Burnley. Danny Welbeck (ST) is questionable.
- Burnley: Robbie Brady (LM), Ashley Barnes (ST), and Josh Brownhill (CM) are questionable to play against Brighton. Chris Wood (ST) is out.
- Chelsea: Kai Havertz (RM) and Kurt Zouma (CB) are questionable to play against
- Crystal Palace: Joel Ward (RB), James McArthur (CM), Jeffrey Schlupp (LM) and Mamadou Sahko (CB) are out against Leeds.
- Everton: Jordan Pickford (GK) is questionable to play against Manchester United.
- Fulham: Tom Cairney (CAM) is out against West Ham.
- Leeds: Diego Llorente (CB) is out against Crystal Palace.
- Leicester: Timothy Castagne (RB) and Dennis Praet (CAM) are out against Wolves.
- Liverpool: Diogo Jota (CF), Virgil van Dijk (CB), Naby Keïta (CM), Joël Matip (CB) and Joe Gomez (CB) are out against Manchester City. Sadio Mané (LW) and Alisson Becker (GK) are questionable.
- Manchester City: Kevin de Bruyne (CAM), Sergio Agüero (ST) and Nathan Aké (CB) are out against Liverpool.
- Manchester United: Edinson Cavani (ST) is questionable to play against Everton.
- Newcastle: Jamaal Lascelles (CB) and Federico Fernández (CB) are out against Southampton.
- Sheffield United: Sander Berge (CM), Enda Stevens (LB), Jack Robinson (CB) and Jack O’Connell (CB) are out against Manchester City.
- Southampton: Jan Bednarek (CB), Kyle Walker-Peters (RB) Oriol Romeu (CM), Theo Walcott (RM), and Ibrahima Diallo (CM) are out against Newcastle. Jannik Vestergaard (CB) is questionable.
- Tottenham: Giovani Lo Celso (CM) and Sergio Reguilón (RB) are out against West Brom. Harry Kane (ST) is questionable.
- West Brom: Grady Diangana (LM) is out against Tottenham.
- West Ham: Arthur Masuaku (LB) is out against Aston Villa.
- Wolves: Romain Saïss (CB), Rayan Aït-Nouri (LWB) and Raúl Jiménez (ST) are out against Leicester.
- Hoffenheim vs. Frankfurt: Frankfurt is the hottest team in Germany right now, as they are unbeaten in their last eight matches. They’ve also won three of their last four matches on the road and beat Hoffenheim 2-1 earlier in the season. Hoffenheim is in desperate need of a win, as they’ve fallen all the way down to 12th place after a 4-1 loss at Bayern Munich this weekend.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Augsburg: Iago (LWB) and Raphael Framberger (RB) are questionable to play against Wolfsburg.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Leon Bailey (RM), Moussa Diaby (LM), Lars Bender (CDM) and Sven Bender (CB) are out against Vfb Stuttgart.
- Bayern Munich: Leon Goretzka (CM) is out against Hertha Berlin.
- Borussia Dortmund: Thorgan Hazard (CAM), Thomas Meunier (RB), Roman Bürki (GK), and Axel Witsel (CM) are out against Freiburg.
- Frankfurt: Eric Durm (RB) is out against Hoffenheim.
- Freiburg: Roland Sallai (CAM) is out against Dortmund.
- Hertha Berlin: Marvin Plattenhardt (LB), Jhon Córdoba (ST), and Dedryck Boyata (CB) is out against Bayern Munich.
- Hoffenheim: Kevin Akpoguma (CB) and Ryan Sessegnon (LB) are questionable to play against Frankfurt.
- Koln: Sebastian Bornauw (CB) is out against Gladbach. Sebastian Andersson (ST) and Florian Kainz (RM) are questionable.
- Mainz 05: Robin Quaison (ST) and Leandro Barrerio Martins (CM) are out against Union Berlin.
- RB Leipzig: Kevin Kampl (CM) and Emil Forsberg (CAM) are out against Schalke. Ibrahima Konaté (CB) are questionable.
- Schalke: Suat Serdar (CM) is out against RB Leipzig.
- Union Berlin: Christopher Lenz (LB) is questionable to play against Mainz.
- Vfb Stuttgart: Gonzalo Castro (CAM) is out against Leverkusen.
- Werder Bremen: Davie Selke (ST) and Christian Groß (CB) are questionable to play against Arminia Bielefeld.
Serie A Notes
- Juventus vs. Roma: Third and fourth place square off in Torino, as both Juventus and Roma desperately need three points to keep pace with AC Milan and Inter in the Serie A title race. Roma has desperately struggled versus stiffer competition, as they are winless against the top seven teams in the Serie A. Juventus has won six of their last eight matches.
Serie A Injury Report
- AC Milan: Simon Kjær (CB) is questionable to face Crotone.
- Benevento: Gaetano Letizia (RB) is questionable to play against Sampdoria.
- Cagliari: Alfred Duncan (CM) is questionable against Lazio.
- Crotone: Pedro Pereira (LM), Luca Cigarini (CM) and Salvatore Molina (CM) are all questionable to play against AC Milan.
- Fiorentina: Gaetano Castrovilli (CM) and Nikola Milenković (CB) are out against Inter.
- Genoa: Cristián Zapata (CB) is out against Napoli.
- Juventus: Paulo Dybala (CF) is questionable against Roma. Rodrigo Bentacur (CM) is out.
- Lazio: Luiz Filipe (CB) and Thomas Strakosha (GK) are questionable to face Cagliari.
- Napoli: Dries Mertens (CAM) is questionable to play against Genoa.
- Parma: Vincent Laurini (RB) is questionable to play against Bologna. Simone Iacoponi (CB) is out.
- Roma: Pedro (CAM) and Chris Smalling (CB) are questionable to play against Juventus. Lorenzo Pellegrini (CM) is out.
- Sampdoria: Manolo Gabbiadini (CAM) is questionable to face Benevento.
- Sassuolo: Domenico Berardi (RW) is questionable to play against Spezia.
- Spezia: M’Bala Nzola is questionable to play against Sassuolo.
- Torino: Armando Izzo (CB) is questionable to play against Atalanta.
- Udinese: Stefano Okaka (ST) and Ignacio Pussetto (ST) are questionable to play against Verona. Rodrigo De Paul (CM) is out.
- Verona: Miguel Veloso (CM) is questionable to play against Udinese.
La Liga Notes
- Real Betis vs. Barcelona: Barca will go for their sixth straight win on Sunday. Lionel Messi and company have completely rebounded from a bad start and are now tied with Real Madrid for second place. However, they trail Atletico Madrid by 10 points, so they cannot afford to drop points from here on out. Real Betis is on a bit of a streak themselves, as they’re unbeaten in their last five matches at home.
La Liga Injury News
- Alaves: Édgar Méndez (RM) is out against Real Valladolid.
- Atletico Madrid: Kieran Trippier (RB) is out against Celta Vigo. João Félix (ST), Yannick Carrasco (LM), and Mario Hermoso (CB) are all questionable.
- Barcelona: Gerard Piqué (CB) is out against Real Betis. Philippe Coutinho (CAM), Ansu Fati (LW), and Sergi Roberto (RB) are questionable.
- Cadiz: Álex Fernández (LM), José Mari (CM) and Alfonso Espino (LB) are questionable to face Real Sociedad.
- Elche: Gonzalo Verdú (CB), Tete Morente (LM), Antonio Barragán (RB) are out against Villarreal. Fidel (CM) is questionable.
- Getafe: Mauro Arambarri (CDM) is out against Sevilla. Mathías Olivera (LB) is questionable.
- Granada: Maxime Gonalons (CDM), Luis Milla (CM), Yangel Herrera (CAM) are questionable to play against Levante.
- Huesca: Sandro Ramírez (ST) and Pedro Mosquera (CDM) are questionable to play against Real Madrid.
- Osasuna: Facundo Roncaglia (RB) is out against Eibar. Ante Budimir (ST) and Lucas Torró (CDM) are questionable.
- Real Betis: Marc Bartra (CB) and Claudio Bravo (GK) are questionable to face Barcelona.
- Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos (CB), Eden Hazard (LW), Daniel Carvajal (RB), Federico Valverde (CM) and Rodrygo (RW) are questionable to face Huesca. Éder Militão (CB) is out.
- Real Sociedad: David Silva (CAM) is questionable to face Villarreal. Robin Le Mormand (CB) is out.
- Sevilla: Marcos Acuña (LB) is questionable to play against Getafe. Ivan Rakitić (CM) is out.
- Valencia: Jasper Cillessen (GK) is out against Athletic Bilbao.
- Villarreal: Mario Gaspar (RB) and Gerard Moreno (RM) are questionable to face Real Sociedad. Rubén Peña (RB) and Vicente Iborra (CDM) is out.
Ligue 1 Notes
- Marseille vs. PSG: The defending champions find themselves trailing Lille and Lyon in the table at the moment. PSG has been struggling on the road as of late as well, winning only one of their last four matches away from home. Marseille is in dreadful form, winning only one of their last nine matches. However, they did defeat PSG earlier this season 1-0 on the road.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Angers: Rachid Alioui (CM) and Stephane Bahoken (ST) are questionable to play against Nice. Angelo Fulgini (CAM) is out.
- Bordeaux: Otávio (CDM) is out against Brest.
- Lille: Burak Yilmaz (ST) is questionable to play against Nantes. Benjamin André (CM) is out.
- Lorient: Paul Nardi (GK) and Vincent Le Goff (LB) are questionable to play against Reims.
- Lyon: Jason Denayer (CB) is out against Strasbourg.
- Marseille: Jordan Amavi (LB) is questionable to play against PSG. Valentin Rongier (CM) and Pape Gueye (CM) are out.
- Metz: Opa Nguette (LW) are questionable to play against Saint Etienne.
- Monaco: Gelson Martins (RM) is out against Nimes.
- Montpellier: Jonas Omlin (GK) is out against Dijon. Andy Delort (ST) is questionable.
- Nantes: Nicolas Pallois (CB) is out against Lille.
- Nice: Jeff Reine-Adélaïde (CM) and Youcef Atal (RB) are out against Angers.
- Nimes: Loïck Landre (CB) is questionable to face Monaco.
- PSG: Marquinhos (CB), Keylor Navas (GK), Abdou Diallo (CM), Marco Verratti (CM), and Ander Herrera (CM) are questionable to face Marseille. Neymar (CF) is out.
- Reims: Arbër Zeneli (LM) is questionable to face Lorient.
- Saint Etienne: Panagiotis Retsos (CB) is questionable to face Metz.
- Strasbourg: Mohamed Simakan (CB) is out against Lyon.