European Soccer Forecast: Projected Odds, Totals for Weekend Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A & More (April 16-19)
Peter Powell – Pool/Getty Images. Pictured: Dominic Calvert-Lewin of Everton.
We are in the stretch run of the European club soccer calendar, with matches starting to decide more and more title races each passing week. We saw a ton of action this past weekend, with some huge matches deciding title races along with a couple upsets.
- 10-men Leeds United scored a late winner to upset first place Manchester City in the Premier League. It was only the second loss for the Cityzens since the calendar turned to 2021.
- West Ham defeated Leicester City 3-2 in a top four clash, which has heated up the race for Champions League spots, with four teams now with four points.
- Manchester United scored three second half goals to beat Tottenham 3-1 on the road.
- Frankfurt defeated Wolfsburg 4-3 in a top four Bundesliga clash, closing the gap on third place to just one point.
- Real Madrid defeated Barcelona in El Clásico 2-1 and now sit only one point behind Atletico Madrid for the top spot after Atletico drew with Real Betis 1-1 on Sunday.
Due to the fact the European soccer calendar is so congested at the moment with Champions League, Europa League and mid-week matches taking place next week, managers might be rotating their squads to rest some players. It would probably be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out an hour before kickoff before placing a wager.
You can use these projections to identify betting value on current lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- Tottenham vs. Everton: This match is vitally important for European qualification for next season. Tottenham is ahead of Everton by one point for what will likely end up being the final Europa League spot for the Premier League. Both Spurs and the Toffees are within in striking distance of the top four but likely need to win out if they are going to close the gap. Everton pulled off an upset against Tottenham to open the season in September winning 1-0 at White Hart Lane and also defeated them in the FA Cup 5-4, so Spurs will be looking for some revenge on Friday.
Premier League Injury News
- Arsenal: Kieran Tierney (LB), David Luiz (CB), andMartin Ødegaard (CAM) are out against Fulham.
- Burnley: Ashley Barnes (ST) and Robbie Brady (LM) are out against Manchester United. Nick Pope (GK) and Jay Rodriguez (ST) are questionable.
- Everton: Abdoulaye Doucoure (CM), Fabian Delph (CM), Yerry Mina (CB), and Bernard (CAM) are out against Tottenham. Allan (CM), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (ST), and Andre Gomes (CM) are questionable.
- Fulham: Tom Cairney (CAM) and Ademola Lookman (ST) are out against Arsenal.
- Leeds: Liam Cooper (CB) is out against Manchester City.
- Liverpool: Jordan Henderson (CM), Joel Matip (CB), Joe Gomez (CB) and Virgil van Djik (CB) are out against Leeds.
- Manchester United: Anthony Martial (ST) is out against Burnley.
- Newcastle: Ryan Fraser (LM), Jamaal Lascelles (CB), and Fabian Schär (CB) is out against West Ham.
- Sheffield United: Sander Berge (CM), Chris Basham (CB), Oliver McBurnie (ST), and Jack O’Connell (CB) are out against Wolves.
- Tottenham: Ben Davies (LB) and Matt Doherty (RB) are out against Everton.
- West Ham: Angelo Ogbonna (CB), Aaron Cresswell (LB), Declan Rice (CM), and Michail Antonio (ST) are out against Newcastle. Manuel Lanzini (CAM) is questionable.
- Wolves: Pedro Neto (LW),Ruben Neves (CM), Raul Jimenez (ST) and Willy Boly (CB) are out against Sheffield United.
- Wolfsburg vs. Bayern Munich: The league leaders look to extend their lead at the top when they battle third place Wolfsburg on Saturday morning. It’s been a rough two weeks for Bayern Munich who got knocked out of the Champions League by PSG on Tuesday and were only able to draw with Union Berlin this past weekend. On top of all that, they are dealing with an injury crisis at moment with a ton of their first team players on the sidelines. Wolfsburg’s three match win streak came to an end over the weekend with their 4-3 loss at Frankfurt. However, Wolfsburg is unbeaten in 13 home Bundesliga matches this season, so Bayern will have a tough task on their hands.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Arminia Bielefeld: Sergio Córdova (ST) and Reinhold Yabo (LM) are out against Augsburg.
- Augsburg: Iago (LWB) is out against Arminia Bielefeld.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Lars Bender (CDM) is questionable against Koln.
- Bayern Munich: Serge Gnarby (RM), Leon Goretzka (CM), Robert Lewandowski (ST) and Douglas Costa (LM) are out against Wolfsburg. Niklas Süle (CB) is questionable.
- Borussia Dortmund: Jadon Sancho (RM) and Marco Reus (RM) are questionable to play against Werder Bremen. Axel Witsel (CM) is out.
- Frankfurt: Martin Hinteregger is questionable to play against Gladbach.
- Freiburg: Vincenzo Grifo (LM) is questionable to playagainst Schalke. Nicolas Höfler (CM) is out.
- Gladbach: Yann Sommer (GK), Cristoph Kramer (CM), Lars Stindl (CAM), and Nico Elvedi (CB) are out against Frankfurt. Jonas Hofmann (LM) is questionable.
- Hertha Berlin: Dedryck Boyata (CB) is out against Mainz.
- Hoffenheim: Sebastian Rudy (CM) and Kevin Vogt (CB) are out against RB Leipzig.
- Koln: Ondrej Duda (ST) is out against Leverkusen.
- Mainz: Jonathan Burkardt (ST) is out against Hertha Berlin.
- RB Leipzig: Tyler Adams (CM)and Yussuf Poulson (ST) are out against Hoffenheim.
- Schalke: Matija Nastasic (CB) is questionable to play against Freiburg. Mark Uth (CAM) is questionable.
- Union Berlin: Taiwo Awoniyi (ST) is questionable to play against Vfb Stuttgart. Cristopher Trimmel (RB) is out.
- Vfb Stuttgart: Marc-Oliver Kempf (CB), Gonzalo Castro (CAM), Orel Mangala (CM) and Silas Wamangituka (RM) are out against Union Berlin.
- Werder Bremen: Niclas Füllkrug (ST), Ludwig Augustinsson (LM), and Omer Toprak (CB) are out against Dortmund.
- Wolfsburg: Maximilian Arnold (CM) and Renato Steffen (LM) are out against Bayern Munich.
Serie A Notes
- Atalanta vs. Juventus: This is a huge match for Champions League qualification next season. Juventus is in third place, leading Atalanta by one point. However, Napoli is only two points outside the top four, so all three points for either team could go a long way towards finishing inside the top four. Atalanta is red hot at home as of late, winning four straight matches and scoring 15 goals in the process. Juventus has been somewhat struggling on the road, as they only have two wins in their last six matches away from home.
- Napoli vs. Inter: This is a huge match for both clubs, for different reasons. Inter is trying to maintain their large lead a top the Serie A table, while Napoli is trying to make up ground on the top four. Inter is on fire in Serie A right now winning their last 11 matches by a combined score of 24 to 4. Napoli is on their own good run at the moment, winning six of their last eight matches in Serie A.
Serie A Injury News
- AC Milan: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (ST) is out against Geona.
- Atalanta: Matteo Pessina (CAM) is questionable to play against Juventus. Cristian Romero (CB) is out.
- Bologna: Aaron Hickey (LB) and Lorenzo De Silvestri (RB) are out against Spezia. Takehiro Tomiyasu (CB) is questionable.
- Cagliari: Alessio Cragno (GK) is questionable to play against Parma.
- Fiorentina: Erick Pulgar (CM) is out against Sassuolo.
- Genoa: Domenico Criscito (CB) and Davide Zappacosta (LM) are out against AC Milan.
- Lazio: Luiz Felipe (CB) is questionable to play against Benevento.
- Napoli Hirving Lozano (RW) is out against Inter.
- Parma: Simone Iacoponi (CB) is questionable to play against Cagliari. Riccardo Gagliolo (LB) is out.
- Roma: Lorenzo Pellegrini (CAM) and Leonardo Spinazzola (LM) are out against Torino. Chris Smalling (CB) is questionable.
- Sampdoria: Albin Ekdal (CM) is questionable to play against Verona.
- Sassuolo: Francesco Caputo (ST) andDomenico Berardi (RM) are questionable to play against Fiorentina.
- Torino: Wilfried Singo (RW) is questionable to play against Roma.
- Udinese: Ignacio Pussetto (ST) is questionable to play against Crotone.
La Liga Notes
- Real Sociedad vs. Sevilla: Fourth and fifth place in La Liga meet on Saturday with three points vital for the home side. Real Sociedad is tied on points with Real Betis for one of the final two Europa League spots, with Villarreal trailing them both by one point. On the flip side, Sevilla is securely in fourth place, but is only six points off league leaders Atletico Madrid, so they are somewhat still in the title race. Real Sociedad has been struggling as of late going winless in their last four matches. They also lost 3-2 to Sevilla in the first meeting between these two teams.
La Liga Injury News
- Alaves: Florian Lejeune (CB) is out against Huesca.
- Atletico Madrid: Joao Felix (ST) and Kevin Trippier (RB) are out against Eibar. Luis Suarez (ST) is questionable.
- Cadiz: Alex Fernández (LM) is questionable to play against Celta Vigo.
- Celta Vigo: Ruben Blanco (GK) is questionable to play against Cadiz. Santi Mina (ST) is out.
- Eibar: Pedro Bigas (CM), Yoshinori Muto (ST), and Eduardo Expósito (CM) are questionable to play against Atletico Madrid. Bryan Gil (LM) and Pape Kouli Diop (CM) are out.
- Elche: Fidel (LM) is out against Osasuna.
- Getafe: Erick Cabaco (CB) is out against Real Madrid.
- Huesca: Pablo Maffeo (RB) is out against Alaves.
- Levante: Jorge Miramon (RB) and Nikola Vukcevic (CM) are out against Villarreal.
- Real Betis: Borja Iglesias (ST) is questionable to play against Valencia.
- Real Madrid: Dani Caravajal (RB)and Raphael Varane (CB) are questionable to play against Getafe. Sergio Ramos (CB), Casemiro (CM), and Lucas Vazquez (RW) are out.
- Real Sociedad: David Silva (CAM) is questionable to play against Sevilla. Martin Zubimendi (CB) is out.
- Valencia: Gabriel Paulista (CB), Maximiliano Gomez (ST), and Jasper Cillessen (GK) are out against Real Betis.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Angers: Vincent Manceau (RB) and Sofiane Boufal (LM) are out against Rennes. Rachid Alioui (CM) and Mathias Pereira Lage (LM) are questionable.
- Bordeaux: Samuel Kalu (LM) andOtávio (CDM) are questionable to play against Monaco.
- Brest: Haris Belkebla (CM), Paul Lasne (CM), and Christophe Herelle (CB) are out against Lens.
- Dijon: Didier Ndong (CM) is questionable to play against Nice.
- Lens: Jonathan Gradit (CB), Facundo Medina (CB), Loïc Badé (CB), Ignatius Ganago (ST), and Seko Fofana (CM) are questionable to play against Brest. Florian Sotoca (CM) is out.
- Lille: Jonathan David (ST) is out against Montpellier.
- Lyon: Tino Kadewere (RW) is out against Nantes.
- Marseille: Duje Caleta-Car (CB) and Alvaro Gonzalez (CB) is out against Lorient. Yuto Nagatomo (LB) is questionable.
- Metz: Opa Nguette (LW) is questionable to play against Reims.
- Nice: Youcef Atal (RB) is questionable to play against Dijon.
- Nimes: Anthony Briancon (CB) is out against Strasbourg.
- PSG: Neymar (CF), Marquinos (CB), Idrissa Gueye (CM), and Leandro Paredes (CM) are out against Saint Etienne. Marco Icardi (ST) and Layvin Kurzawa (LB) are questionable.
- Reims: Moreto Cassama (CM), Wout Faes (CB), Boulaye Dia (ST), and Valon Berisha (CM) are out against Metz.
- Strasbourg: Alexander Djiku (CB) and Mohamed Simakan (CB) are questionable to play against Nimes. Ludovic Ajorque (ST) is out.
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.