Nottingham Forest vs. Spurs Same Game Parlay EPL Best Bet: Updated Premier League Betting Odds, Picks, Prediction
Chris Brunskill/Fantasista/Getty Images. Pictured: Tottenham star Son Heung-min.
- Nottingham Forest hosts powerful Tottenham in Sunday's Premier League contest.
- Harry Kane and Spurs are heavy moneyline favorites, but analyst Brett Pund has found a creative way to back the club at plus money.
- Check out below why he's taking a swing on a saucy three-leg, Same Game Parlay ahead of this affair.
Forest vs. Spurs Odds
|Over/Under||2.5 (-134 / +110)|
|Day | Time||Sunday | 11:30 a.m. ET|
|How To Watch||USA Network | fuboTV|
|Odds updated as of Sunday morning via FanDuel. Get up-to-the-minute soccer odds here.|
Closing out this weekend’s slate of matches in the Premier League, Tottenham Hotspur heads to The City Ground to take newly promoted Nottingham Forest in Sunday’s showdown.
The Reds have gotten off to a decent start in their return to the English top flight, picking up four points from a win against West Ham United and a draw with Everton.
Meanwhile, Spurs are unbeaten through three matches with victories over Southampton and Wolverhampton to go with a dramatic tie at Chelsea.
This will be the first meeting between the clubs in the EPL since the 1998-99 campaign, so I think this match could be one of the more entertaining on the latest schedule.
If there’s one thing you can’t question about Forest, it’s that the club is spending all of its resources to stay in the Premier League, with more than 10 new signings joining the outfit so far in the transfer window.
Manager Steve Cooper likely has his hands full trying to figure out the right squad with all of the changes, but he would rather have the problem of having too many players at his disposal than not enough.
The biggest fee announced so far has been the signing of Morgan Gibbs-White from Wolves, who posted 11 goals and nine assists in the EFL Championship last season.
By The Numbers
- -3.2 — Although the team has secured previous points, Forest is bottom of the league in xGDiff and has lost the expected-goals battle in every match, according to fbref.com.
- 20th — The Reds are also last in the EPL in shots allowed per 90 minutes (20.00) and xGA (5.9) this season.
Manager Antonio Conte’s revival at Tottenham began last season and it looks to have continued into this campaign after the promising start.
Spurs have scored seven goals through the first three matches, with five different players finding the back of the net.
One player who has struggled so far has been South Korean star Son Heung-min, but this could be the perfect opponent to kick-start his season.
By The Numbers
- 1.73 — After Conte took charge, Spurs have averaged this number of xG per match on the road against teams that finished in the bottom half of the EPL.
- 58% — In his 31 games in charge, league matches involving Tottenham have ended with more than 2.5 goals in 18 of those fixtures.
Betting Analysis & Pick
We’re trying something new with our best bet for this match by putting together a Single Game Parlay that pairs the total flying over 2.5 goals, total corner kicks sailing over 9.5 and Harry Kane to Score Anytime at +280 odds via BetMGM as my top selection.
Kane comes into the match tied for fifth in the EPL in xG on the season, plus he should add to his goal tally against a struggling Forest defense.
For the bet on corners, fixtures involving both clubs have averaged more than double digits through the opening three games, which bodes well for it to happen again in an open match.
The Pick: Same Game Parlay — Total Over 2.5 Goals | Total Over 9.5 Corner Kicks | Harry Kane – Anytime Scorer (+280)
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.