Seattle Sounders vs. Los Angeles FC Betting Odds, Preview, Picks: Back This Single Game Parlay in MLS Clash (June 18)
Shaun Clark/Getty Images. Pictured: Los Angeles FC star Carlos Vela.
- Seattle welcomes LAFC to Lumen Field for Saturday’s featured MLS showdown.
- The Sounders are solid favorites, but analyst Brett Pund has found betting value on a Single Game Parlay.
- Check out below where he has landed for the two plays in this wager.
Seattle vs. LAFC Odds
|Over/Under||2.5 (-145 / +100)|
|Day | Time||Saturday | 3 p.m. ET|
|How To Watch||ABC | fuboTV|
|Odds updated as of Saturday afternoon via BetMGM. Get up-to-the-minute soccer odds here.|
In the marquee match of the weekend in Major League Soccer, the Seattle Sounders host Los Angeles FC on Saturday in a game between two of the best teams in the Western Conference.
The home side has had a slow start to the campaign due to the focus given to winning the CONCACAF Champions League. However, manager Brian Schmetzer’s team has won four out of its last five outings to climb back into a playoff position.
Meanwhile, LAFC holds the top spot in all of MLS with 29 points on a league-leading nine victories this season.
This should be a preview of clubs that could meet again in the postseason, so I think we will see plenty of goals to make this an entertaining match.
Seattle Making Noise in League Play
Since winning the CCL final on May 4, the Sounders have set their sights on climbing the league table, picking up victories in four of six fixtures during this span.
This stretch also includes three impressive wins at Lumen Field, where Seattle has outscored its opponents by a 9-2 margin and recorded multiple goals in all three contests.
One big reason for the improvement has been the play of star striker Raúl Ruidíaz, who has found the back of the net five times in the last five matches. However, it was announced the talisman will miss out on this crucial game, which could cause Seattle issues going forward.
By The Numbers
- 1.63 — The Sounders have averaged 1.63 expected goals per 90 minutes at home this season, according to fbref.com, which is a big improvement from the 1.11 average away from home.
- +3.6 — In its last three home matches, Seattle has posted a +3.6 xGDiff in wins over Minnesota United, Charlotte and Vancouver.
LAFC Awaiting Arrival of Veteran Chiellini
The visitors made one of the biggest moves of the summer transfer window so far by announcing the signing of longtime Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini.
The Italian center back could be the perfect fit for a team that already leads the MLS in goals scored (29) this season.
Unfortunately, he won’t be joining the club until July, which could be a big miss in this very important fixture.
By The Numbers
- +9.9 — LAFC owns a +9.9 xGDiff this season, which is the best in the Western Conference and only trails New York City FC (+12.4) for the best in the league.
- 25.9 — NYCFC is also the only club that has generated more xG than LAFC’s 25.9 on the campaign.
Betting Analysis & Pick
In a match featuring great offenses that are better than the defensive talent on the field, I only see goals happening from both sides. And that has led me to backing a Single Game Parlay pairing Both Teams to Score (Yes) with the total flying over 2.5 goals at +100 odds as my best bet.
Seattle’s six home games have averaged three goals per match, which has increased to 3.67 goals per 90 minutes in the last three tilts at Lumen Field.
Meanwhile, both teams have scored in nine of 15 LAFC matches this season to go along with the road matches for the league leader averaging three goals.
The Pick: Single Game Parlay — Both Teams to Score (Yes) & Total Over 2.5 Goals (+100)