2018 Ryder Cup Preview: Henrik Stenson’s Health Is a Concern at Le Golf National
Oct 1, 2016; Chaska, MN, USA; Henrik Stenson of Sweden reacts to a putt on the 17th green during the afternoon four-ball matches in the 41st Ryder Cup at Hazeltine National Golf Club. Mandatory Credit: Michael Madrid-USA TODAY Sports
For betting odds and analysis of all 24 golfers in the 2018 Ryder Cup field, check out this page.
Henrik Stenson’s Ryder Cup Betting Odds
- Odds to be highest-scoring golfer: +1800
- Odds to be highest-scoring team member: +900
- Point total odds: 2.5 (o +130, u -170)
- Ryder Cup appearances: 4
- Ryder Cup match play history: 2-2 (50.0%)
- Ryder Cup foursome history: 2-3-1 (40.0%)
- Ryder Cup fourball history: 3-2-1 (60.0%)
>> Sign up for The Action Network’s daily newsletter to get the smartest conversation delivered into your inbox each morning.
Henrik Stenson’s Ryder Cup Outlook
Best asset: Tee-to-green game. This course should fit Stenson’s game. He’ll be able to use his 3-wood and find the fairway, then use his approach game to attack the pins.
Worst asset: Health. Stenson’s form has been inconsistent this year, as an elbow injury has hampered him over the past few months. He hasn’t really taken much time off, but his results have definitely been below his standard.
Ryder Cup Confidence Rating: 6 out of 10. His health is a real concern. Couple that with a .500 Ryder Cup record, and he’s a got a few areas of worry. I’d expect Europe would send him out earlier with Justin Rose, probably in the alternate shot and see how things go. If the game isn’t there, he might not play again until singles.
Expert Predictions: Over/Under 2.5 Points
Henrik Stenson’s Metrics
Here’s how Stenson ranks in the Ryder Cup field in several key metrics.
- Strokes Gained: Total: 22nd in world, 15th in field
- Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green: 8th in world, 7th in field
- Strokes Gained: Approach: 4th in world, 3rd in field
- Strokes Gained: Putting: 170th in world, 21st in field
Want more Ryder Cup coverage? Check out this page for tips on the 24 golfers in the field.