Betting odds: Boston Red Sox at Houston Astros
- Over/under: 8
- First pitch: 8:09 p.m. ET
- Probable pitchers: David Price (16-7, 3.58 ERA) vs. Justin Verlander (16-9, 2.52 ERA)
- TV channel: TBS
- Regular Season: 102-73-4, +21.45 units
- Postseason: 5-8-1, -4.5 units
- Yesterday’s Result: Red Sox-Astros Under 8.5, Porcello vs. Morton (loss)
*Each bet graded as if it were to win 1 unit
There’s always an extra layer of info to consider when dealing with a potential elimination game in the postseason.
Tonight in Houston, the Red Sox will try to wrap up the American League Championship Series at the expense of the defending champion Astros, who find themselves in a 3-1 series deficit.
Fortunately for the Astros, they’ll be rolling with their ace Verlander on the hill.
The 2011 AL Cy Young award winner is as proven as any pitcher in these high-pressure situations: According to NESN.com, he’s made five such starts, going 4-1 with a dazzling 1.21 ERA.
Considering that this over/under line currently sits at 8, Verlander could put under bettors in a very favorable spot if he’s able to have one of his typical October outings.