- Oklahoma is a 2.5-point favorite over West Virginia in what's become a Big 12 Championship play-in game.
- The Sooners have been favored in every meeting against WVU since the Mountaineers joined the conference in 2012.
Oklahoma and West Virginia will play for a spot in the Big 12 Championship Game on Friday night, with the Sooners also looking to keep their College Football Playoff hopes alive.
The Sooners opened as a 3.5-point favorite on Sunday afternoon at BetOnline. It was quickly bet down to Oklahoma -3, then -2.5.
Oklahoma-West Virginia Betting Odds Movement
Oklahoma opened -10 for this game in May at South Point, but that is now significantly lower with how the Mountaineers have played this season.
Caesars moved the the line to Oklahoma -6.5 on Oct. 22, when both teams had already lost a game.
Big 12 Championship Game Scenarios
Unlike the other four Power 5 conferences, the Big 12 does not have divisions. It reinstated a conference title game a few years ago after getting left out of the 2014-15 College Football Playoff.
Because there are no divisions, the top two teams play in the title game. This year, Oklahoma and West Virginia could meet in consecutive weeks, if Kansas pulls off a miracle.
Here are the scenarios:
- Texas is in with a win over Kansas
- The Oklahoma-West Virginia winner is in
- If Kansas wins, West Virginia will still get in with a loss
Oklahoma-West Virginia Betting History
Unlike many of the other marquee matchups on the final weekend of college football’s regular season, West Virginia and Oklahoma don’t have an illustrious history. The Mountaineers just joined the Big 12 in 2012.
The Sooners have been favored in every game against WVU since 2012, winning each one outright and covering four straight.