Bengals Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Jay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Zac Taylor
Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 6 (+115)/Under 6 (-135)
- Odds to win the AFC North: 16-1
- Odds to make the AFC Playoffs: +750
- Odds to win the AFC Championship: 100-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 200-1
What are realistic expectations for the Bengals with Zac Taylor taking over the helm, but A.J. Green out to start the season?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 5.9
It’s unclear when Green will return, but his absence does impact the spread for the Bengals (which is rare for a WR).
Their depth has improved with Tyler Boyd’s breakout a year ago, so I’m only docking the Bengals 0.5 points per game for Green’s absence. Tight end Tyler Eifert should be healthy enough to start the season, which should help some. The Bengals also completely overhauled their coaching staff and brought in Zac Taylor, a Sean McVay disciple. Taylor is inexperienced and brought in fairly inexperienced offensive and defensive coordinators, as well.
While my numbers indicate there’s slight value on Over 6 at plus-money, it’s hard to buy into the Bengals’ would-be positive regression this year, given the coaching uncertainty and Green’s injury.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 at Seahawks: Bengals +7.5
- Week 2 vs. 49ers: Bengals +2
- Week 3 at Bills: Bengals +4
- Week 4 at Steelers: Bengals +8
- Week 5 vs. Cardinals: Bengals -3
- Week 6 at Ravens: Bengals +7
- Week 7 vs. Jaguars: Bengals +2.5
- Week 8 vs. Rams: Bengals +8.5
- Week 10 vs. Ravens: Bengals +2
- Week 11 at Raiders: Bengals +4
- Week 12 vs. Steelers: Bengals +3
- Week 13 vs. Jets: Bengals pick’em
- Week 14 at Browns: Bengals +8.5
- Week 15 vs. Patriots: Bengals +6.5
- Week 16 at Dolphins: Bengals +0.5
- Week 17 vs. Browns: Bengals +3