Isaiah Likely Player Props: Rookie TE Faces Tough Matchup in Ravens vs Saints
Christian Petersen/Getty Images. Pictured: Isaiah Likely.
Fantasy managers who have been stashing Isaiah Likely all season must be thinking, “This is it. The breakout is coming.”
Well, hold on one second.
Here’s what Likely has going for him: TE Mark Andrews, WR Rashod Bateman and RB J.K. Dobbins are all out tonight. Heck, backup RB Gus Edwards is doubtful, too. There is a clear opportunity for Likely to be the go-to guy.
Here’s what Likely does not have going for him: The Saints defense is the best in the NFL against tight ends.
New Orleans ranks No. 1 in Football Outsiders’ DVOA metric against tight ends, allowing a meager 27.1 receiving yards per game to the position.
Here’s what the Saints have held opposing tight ends to this season:
- Week 1, Kyle Pitts: 2 catches, 19 receiving yards
- Week 2, Cameron Brate: 1 catch, 9 receiving yards
- Week 3, Ian Thomas: 2 catches, 13 receiving yards
- Week 4, Irv Smith Jr.: 3 catches, 23 receiving yards
- Week 5, Noah Fant: 3 catches, 49 receiving yards
- Week 6, Hayden Hurst: 3 catches, 21 receiving yards
- Week 7, Zach Ertz: 2 catches, 21 receiving yards
- Week 8, Foster Moreau: 6 catches, 31 receiving yards
It’s a staggering run of results against the position that cannot be ignored.
While Likely is undoubtedly talented and in a position to succeed, Action Labs projects him for just 37.7 receiving yards, giving value to betting the under on his 43.5 total at FanDuel.