Steelers Draft Picks, Team Needs & First Round Betting Odds
Mark Alberti/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
Steelers Draft Picks
Steelers Draft Odds
|Position of First Pick||Odds|
Steelers Draft Needs
- RB: The Steelers ranked dead-last in rushing yards per game (84.4) with a semi-healthy James Conner. Conner signed a one-year deal with the Cardinals, leaving the depth chart extremely shallow. They will have to make an addition this offseason either via the draft or otherwise or be left with Snell, Anthony McFarland Jr. and Ballage.
- QB: Ben Roethlisberger and the team re-negotiated his contract in March, meaning he’ll be back for at least one year. The declining 39-year-old was more of a liability last season than an asset, however, and the Steelers could be keeping him around to help groom a young quarterback.
by Chris Raybon
- RB: Free-agent acquisition Kalen Ballage ranked 53rd of 63 qualified running backs in yards after contact (2.46) last season, while holdover Benny Snell Jr. ranked 55th (2.44).
- OT: Alejandro Villanueva remains unsigned, leaving the Steelers with no above-average tackles on the roster.
- C: The retirement of Maurkice Pouncey leaves 2020 undrafted free agent (UDFA) J.C. Hassenauer, who struggled to the tune of a 57.7 PFF grade last season, and 2015 UDFA B.J. Finney, who failed to play a snap on offense for both the Bengals and Seahawks after getting let go by Pittsburgh after 2019.
- LB: The team lost Bud Dupree and chose not to re-sign Vince Williams while Devin Bush is coming off a torn ACL.
- CB: The team is thin behind Joe Haden and Cameron Sutton after losing Mike Hilton to the Bengals and choosing not to re-sign Steven Nelson.