Texans Odds, Win Total, Projected Spreads For Every 2019 Game, More
Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins
Houston Texans Betting Odds
- Win total: Over 8.5 (+110)/Under 8.5 (-130)
- Odds to win the AFC South: +225
- Odds to make the AFC Playoffs: +120
- Odds to win the AFC Championship: 25-1
- Odds to win the Super Bowl: 50-1
Lamar Miller is out for the season, but Houston brought in Duke Johnson Jr. and Deshaun Watson has a plethora of receiving weapons.
So what are realistic expectations for the Texans in 2019?
I’ve compared their win total to my projections and set early spreads for all 16 of their games below.
Note: All odds via Westgate and as of Friday, August 30.
My Win Total Projection: 8.2
I have the Texans just outside of the top 10 in my power ratings, but they’re projected for a mediocre 8.2 wins. The reason? Their schedule, which I have ranked as the third-toughest.
Despite being favored in nine games, they have three brutal road games (at Saints, at Chargers, at Chiefs) where I project them to be at least a 5-point underdog. And then they’ll have to deal with the Pats at home as slight underdogs.
The market has corrected itself with heavy juice on Under 8.5 wins, but I’m eyeing their Week 1 line against the Saints. The Texans have a B rating in my Buy/Sell Model, and they’ll be playing the Saints, who graded out as an F. The line is a couple points too high and sitting on the key number of Texans +7 as of writing.
Projected Spreads For Every Game
- Week 1 at Saints: Texans +5.5
- Week 2 vs. Jaguars: Texans -3
- Week 3 at Chargers: Texans +5
- Week 4 vs. Panthers: Texans -2.5
- Week 5 vs. Falcons: Texans -2.5
- Week 6 at Chiefs: Texans +7
- Week 7 at Colts: Texans +1
- Week 8 vs. Raiders: Texans -6.5
- Week 9 vs. Jaguars: Texans -0.5
- Week 11 at Ravens: Texans +1.5
- Week 12 vs. Colts: Texans -4.5
- Week 13 vs. Patriots: Texans +1
- Week 14 vs. Broncos: Texans -4.5
- Week 15 at Titans: Texans +1.5
- Week 16 at Buccaneers: Texans -1
- Week 17 vs. Titans: Texans -3.5