Getty Images. Pictured: Chelsea players celebrating a goal
- The Europa League Round of 32 draw took place on Monday, December 17th, and the top clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea and Napoli all avoided difficult matchups.
- Chelsea have been title favorites since the tournament started and are now listed at +400 to take home the hardware.
The Europa League Round of 32 draw took place on Monday, December 17th, featuring notable matchups of Lazio-Sevilla, Arsenal-BATE, Chelsea-Malmo and Sporting-Villarreal.
Each matchup consists of a home-and-home series with the best aggregate score advancing. The first legs will take place on February 14th and the second legs a week later on February 21st.
The top clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea and Napoli are fully expected to advance to the Round of 16, which will take place in early March. Here’s a look at updated odds to hoist the trophy.
- Chelsea (+400) and Arsenal (+550) remain the favorites to win the title, followed by Napoli (+650) and Inter Milan (+800) from Italy.
- BATE Borisov are the biggest longshots at +15000, but seven other clubs are listed at +10000.
- I’d keep an eye on Real Betis at their current odds of +2500, as they could definitely make a deep run into the tournament.
- I’m also high on Shakhtar Donetsk (+3300) and feel they have a decent chance of reaching the semifinals.