Fulham vs. Brentford Updated Betting Preview: Premier League Odds, Picks, Predictions & Expert Tips
James Williamson – AMA/Getty Images. Pictured: Brentford goalkeeper David Raya.
- Fulham welcomes Brentford to Craven Cottage for Saturday's Premier League meeting.
- The Cottagers are slight moneyline favorites, but handicapper Brett Pund thinks the Bees are live underdogs.
- Check out below why he’s taking a shot on Brentford in this matchup.
Fulham vs. Brentford Odds
|Over/Under||2.5 (-115 / -120)|
|Day | Time||Saturday | 10 a.m. ET|
|How To Watch||Peacock Premium|
|Odds updated as of Saturday morning via BetMGM. Get up-to-the-minute soccer odds here.|
In the first-ever meeting of these local rivals in the Premier League, Brentford makes the crosstown trip Saturday to take on Fulham in a heated West London derby.
The newly promoted Cottagers have picked up two draws to start the season, earning a point against Liverpool and Wolverhampton.
Meanwhile, the Bees are fresh off one of the biggest wins in their club’s history after drubbing Manchester United by four goals last weekend.
This will be the first of many London derbies for both sides this campaign, so there should be a great atmosphere at Craven Cottage.
Manager Marco Silva has to be pleased with the results after the first pair of fixtures, but his side could have more points on the board.
Star striker Aleksandar Mitrović missed a late penalty last weekend at Wolves that likely would have sealed all three points, while the Cottagers also failed on two attempts to hold a lead against the Reds.
One thing to keep an eye on is Fulham’s transfer activity before the window closes. The team desperately needs to replace the holes left in attack by injured winger Harry Wilson and Liverpool signee Fábio Carvalho.
By The Numbers
- 46% — Wilson and Carvalho combined to play a direct role in 47 goals for the Cottagers last season, which was just under half of the team’s scores for the campaign.
- 19th –Only Bournemouth has a lower average of non-penalty expected goals per 90 minutes than Fulham’s 0.50, according to fbref.com.
A victory in this match would give Brentford another first in the club’s history. The win over the Red Devils was the first for the Bees in the English top flight and a triumph in this derby would be the same.
You do have to wonder if this will be a potential letdown spot, but manager Thomas Frank should be able to get his side up for a rivalry game.
However, Frank’s team was much better at home compared to on the road last season, so he knows the club needs to turn around that trend.
By The Numbers
- 2 — On the road against teams that finished in the bottom half of the EPL in the 2021-22 season, Brentford only had two losses in nine games.
- 3 — These rivals have played each other every season since 2014. In the 13 meetings across all competitions, the Bees have avoided a loss in 10 of those fixtures.
Betting Analysis & Pick
Looking at the odds, I’m trying to back the visitors in the derby, but I can’t quite get there on the moneyline. So, I’m backing Brentford on the Draw No Bet market at +105 odds via BetMGM as my best bet.
The losses of Wilson and Carvalho for this match will make it difficult for the Cottagers to break down the Bees, who are likely to sit back and look to hit on the counterattack.
However, Brentford needs to prove it on the road before I can fully bet the club to win the match, but this is a solid price for Frank’s team to avoid a loss.
The Pick: Brentford — Draw No Bet (+105)
How would you rate this article?
This site contains commercial content. We may be compensated for the links provided on this page. The content on this page is for informational purposes only. Action Network makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information given or the outcome of any game or event.