USA vs. England Odds: Megan Rapinoe’s Absence Causing Late Line Movement
Michael Chow-USA TODAY Sports. Pictured: Megan Rapinoe
- Megan Rapinoe will not be in the starting lineup for Tuesday's World Cup Semifinals matchup between USA and England.
- Find out if Rapinoe's absence is moving the line for this crucial game.
In surprising news, USA star Megan Rapinoe will not be starting in today’s Women’s World Cup semifinal matchup against England.
This doesn’t mean that she won’t play at all, but the fact that Rapinoe was not on the field for warm ups does not instill confidence that she will make it onto the field against the Lionesses.
Odds didn’t move all that much in the immediate aftermath of the news that Rapinoe wouldn’t start, but the line did begin to move towards England as it became clear this was an injury and not a coach’s decision.
- As of 2:45 p.m. ET, the USA are -125 favorites against England at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas, Nevada. England are now down to +370 and the draw is priced at +250.
- Prior to the news that Rapinoe wasn’t taking warmups the Americans were -140 favorites with England coming back at +390 and the draw at +275.
- The total has remained at 2.5 goals but the Over has moved from -120 to -105 at the Westgate.
- Additionally, the USA’s odds to advance to the final took a hit, moving from -275 to -250.