MLS Odds, Picks & Prediction: Austin FC vs. Houston Dynamo Betting Preview (July 12)
Omar Vega/Getty Images. Pictured: Houston Dynamo standout Héctor Herrera.
- Mexico international Héctor Herrera and Houston square off against Austin FC in Tuesday's MLS showdown.
- The hosts are favored to win outright, but analyst Brett Pund has found a more valuable way to back them.
- Check out below why he has landed on a spicy Single Game Parlay as his top pick.
Austin FC vs. Houston Odds
|Austin FC Odds||-135|
|Over/Under||2.5 (-160 / +115)|
|Day | Time||Tuesday | 9 p.m. ET|
|How To Watch||UniMás | fuboTV|
|Odds updated as of Tuesday evening via BetMGM. Get up-to-the-minute soccer odds here.|
In the lone Tuesday game in Major League Soccer, Austin FC welcomes Houston to Q2 Stadium for their latest Texas derby.
The home side enters the match as one of the hottest teams in the league, winning four out of its last six games to move up to second place in the Western Conference.
As for the visitors, the Dynamo only have one victory during that same stretch, which has dropped them to 11th place in the West.
Midweek MLS confrontations can be tricky to predict, but I’m expecting the in-form team to take care of business on home soil.
Manager Josh Wolff has led a remarkable turnaround campaign in the club’s second season in the league.
With 11 wins and 37 points already secured, Austin has already surpassed those marks from last year with 15 games remaining on its slate.
One key contributor has been striker Sebastián Driussi, who leads the team with 11 goals to go along with three assists.
By The Numbers
- +12 — The Verde has outscored its opponents by this many goals at home this season.
- 75 — At Q2 Stadium, this percentage of games have finished with more than 1.5 goals in six of eight matches in 2022.
The Dynamo kicked off the campaign in great form, earning 12 points in the first seven contests.
However, Houston claimed 10 additional points over its next 12 fixtures, with only one win coming over this stretch away from home.
Manager Paulo Nagamura’s team has had issues on the road, but the short trip to Austin could provide a good opportunity to secure rare road points.
By The Numbers
- -5.4 — Away from home, Houston owns this negative xGDiff, according to fbref.com.
- 1.88 — To add to the road struggles, the Dynamo has allowed almost two expected goals per 90 minutes.
BJ Cunningham's MLS Model Projections
Betting Analysis & Picks
All the value in this fixture sirts with the home team, but I’m looking to get Austin at a better price than what is offered on the moneyline.
So, my best bet is to back a Single Game Parlay pairing a host victory with the total clearing 1.5 goals at +105 odds via BetMGM ahead of this match.
If your sportsbook offers -1 or -1.5 spread lines on the Asian Handicap, these could be additional options to play Austin, but the parlay offers more protection in a game that should feature goals.
The Pick: Single Game Parlay — Austin FC ML & Total Over 1.5 Goals (+105)