MLS Odds, Picks & Prediction: FC Dallas vs. Austin FC Betting Preview
David Buono/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images. Pictured: Austin FC standouts Alexander Ring, left, and Diego Fagúndez.
- FC Dallas welcomes Austin FC to town for Saturday's MLS showdown.
- Goals were aplenty the last time they met, which has analyst Brett Pund target a saucy play on a plus-money total.
- Check out below why he’s backing this Texas derby to be full of explosive fireworks.
FC Dallas vs. Austin FC Odds
|FC Dallas Odds||+100|
|Austin FC Odds||+250|
|Over/Under||2.5 (-155 / +110)|
|Day | Time||Saturday | 9 p.m. ET|
|How To Watch||ESPN+|
|Odds updated as of Saturday evening via BetMGM. Get up-to-the-minute soccer odds here.|
In the final match of Copa Tejas, Austin FC makes the quick trip to Toyota Stadium on Saturday to take on rival FC Dallas in Major League Soccer action.
The trophy is awarded annually to the Texas team that finishes the season with the most points in head-to-head matches, with Austin only needing a draw to secure the crown.
Meanwhile, the home side is in desperate need of three points, picking up only one win in its last nine games.
This is one of the many derbies on the weekend as a part of MLS Heineken Rivalry Week, so these teams should put on a show in the “Lone Star State.”
At one point this season, Dallas was the Texas team sitting atop the Western Conference standings. However, a massive dip in form has dropped the club down to sixth place entering this fixture.
Manager Nico Estévez’s side opened the campaign with just one defeat in the first 11 games before going on this rough stretch of games.
Luckily, Dallas has been very consistent at home this season, only dropping three games at Toyota Stadium.
By The Numbers
- 0 — During the last 10 fixtures, Dallas has failed to earn one clean sheet.
- 1.63 — The club has registered this average of expected goals per 90 minutes at home this season, according to fbref.com.
Austin is one of the best stories in MLS this season. The club has already surpassed its point total from last year and became the first club to reach the 40-point threshold with the midweek victory against the Houston Dynamo.
Manager Josh Wolff has guided his team to four consecutive wins, while also boasting the most away points (22) in the league.
Two key performers this season have been strikers Sebastián Driussi and Maximiliano Urruti, who have combined for 18 goals and four assists.
By The Numbers
- 3.01 — Away from home, Austin’s matches have averaged this combined expected goals per game.
- 2 — Only the San Jose Earthquakes (11) and New England Revolution (10) have had more fixtures finish with more than 3.5 goals than the Verde (9) overall.
Betting Analysis & Pick
With all of the attacking talent that will be on display, I can only see goals happening when I look at this game. So, my best bet is for the total to fly over 3.5 goals at +155 odds.
I wrote about Austin’s duo above, but Dallas also has a great tandem in Jesus Ferreira (11 goals) and Paul Arriola (eight goals) leading the way. In fact, no other teams in MLS have a pair of players who have combined for as many goals as these sides.
The match back in June finished with four goals on 3.4 xG, so I’m expecting a similar type of game in this latest clash.
The Pick: Total Over 3.5 Goals (+155)