Premier League & La Liga Betting Odds & Totals: Projections for Every Upcoming Match (Dec. 28-31)
Chloe Knott – Danehouse/Getty Images. Pictured: Thiago Silva.
The busiest part of the European club soccer calendar continues this week as the Premier League and La Liga are in action starting Monday.
Here’s a snapshot of what we saw this past weekend in the Premier League:
- Leicester and Manchester United ended in a 2-2 draw, allowing both clubs to stay inside the top four.
- Arsenal upset rival Chelsea, 3-1, earning its first win in eight matches.
- Everton grabbed a late winner against last-place Sheffield United to move up to second place on the table.
- Liverpool was held to 1-1 draw with 19th place West Brom, which is the first time it’s dropped points at home this season.
- Wolves scored an 86th-minute equalizer to draw 1-1 with Tottenham at home.
This is the busiest time of the year for these clubs, so managers will rotate their squads to rest certain players. Therefore, it may be a good idea to wait until starting lineups come out before heading to the window.
You can use these projections to identify early betting value on the opening lines, and follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- Chelsea vs Aston Villa: Chelsea is all out of sorts right now, losing three of its last four matches. Aston Villa, meanwhile, is the hottest offense in the Premier League right now and racked up 4.85 xG against Crystal Palace on Saturday. Chelsea has only lost one home match, while Aston Villa has only lost one road match. Something has to give.
- Everton vs Manchester City: Everton puts its four-match win streak on the line Monday when it battles Manchester City. The Toffees are red-hot over the past two weeks, allowing zero non-penalty goals in their last four matches. Manchester City on the other hand has won four of their last six matches and allowed just one goal in those matches. Manchester City has won their last five matches against Everton.
Premier League Injury News
- Arsenal: Gabriel (CB), David Luiz (CB), Willian (RW), and Thomas Partey (CM) are out against Brighton.
- Aston Villa: Tyrone Mings (CB) is out and Ross Barkley (CAM) is questionable to face Chelsea.
- Burnley: Jack Cork (CM) and Johann Gudmundsson (CM) are doubtful to face Sheffield United.
- Chelsea: Hakim Ziyech (RW) is doubtful to play against Aston Villa.
- Crystal Palace: Gary Cahill (CB) is questionable and Mamadou Sakho (CB) is out against Leicester.
- Everton: Lucas Digne (LB), Fabian Delph (LB), James Rodriguez (CAM), and Richarlison (ST) are all out against Manchester City.
- Leeds: Liam Cooper (CB) and Diego Llorente (CB) are both doubtful to face West Brom.
- Leicester: Caglar Soyuncu (CB) is questionable to play against Manchester United.
- Liverpool: Diogo Jota (CF), Virgil Van Dijk (CB), Joe Gomez (CB), Joel Matip (CB), and Thiago (CM) are all out against Newcastle.
- Manchester City: Gabriel Jesus (ST), Eric Garcia (CB), and Kyle Walker (RB) are all out against Everton.
- Manchester United: Aaron Wan-Bissaka (RB) is out and Victor Lindelof (CB) is questionable to face Wolves.
- Newcastle: Jamaal Lascelles (CB), Jonjo Shelvey (CM), and Allen Saint-Maximin (ST) are doubtful to face Liverpool.
- Sheffield United: Oliver McBurnie (ST) is questionable. Sander Berge (CM), Oliver Burke (RM), and Jack O’Connell (CB) are out against Burnley.
- Southampton: Jannik Vestergaard (CB) is questionable. Danny Ings (ST) and Nathan Redmond (LM) are out against West Ham.
- Tottenham: Giovani Lo Celso (CM) is out against Fulham.
- West Brom: Conor Townsend (LB) and Kyle Bartley (CB) are out against Leeds.
- Wolves: Raul Jimenez (ST) is out against Manchester United.
La Liga Notes
- Sevilla vs. Villarreal: Villarreal looks to hold onto its spot in the top four when it heads to Sevilla. Sevilla is red-hot at the moment, winning five of its last seven matches while allowing only three goals. Villarreal has only one loss on the season and is unbeaten in its last five encounters with Sevilla.
La Liga Injury News
- Alaves: Rodrigo Andres Battaglia (CM) is out and Ruben Duarte (LB) is questionable to face Osasuna.
- Atletico Madrid: Kieran Trippier (RB) is out against Getafe. Joao Felix (ST) is questionable.
- Barcelona: Gerard Pique (CB) is questionable to play against Eibar. Lionel Messi (CF), Jordi Alba (RB), Sergi Roberto (RB) and Ansu Fati (LW) are out against Eibar.
- Cadiz: Jose Mari (CM) is questionable to face Real Valladolid.
- Celta Vigo: Santi Mina (ST) is questionable to face Huesca.
- Getafe: Allan Nyom (RM) and Damian Suarez (RB) are out against Atletico Madrid.
- Granada: Luis Milla (CM) and Darwin Machis (LM) are both questionable to play against Valencia.
- Huesca: Pablo Maffeo (RB) and Sandro Ramirez (ST) are both questionable to play against Celta Vigo.
- Levante: Sergio Postigo (CB) is questionable to play against Real Betis.
- Real Betis: Marc Batra (CB), William Carvalho (CM), and Sergio Canales (CM) are all questionable to face Levante.
- Real Madrid: Rodrygo (RM) and Luka Modric (CM) are both questionable to face Elche.
- Real Sociedad: Joseba Zaldua and Adnan Januzaj (LM) are questionable to face Athletic Bilbao.
- Sevilla: Fernando (CM) is questionable to face Villarreal.
- Valencia: Gabriel Paulista (CB and Jasper Cillessen (GK) are questionable to face Granada.
- Villarreal: Francis Coquelin (CM) is questionable to face Sevilla.