Celtics vs. Bucks Betting Picks, Odds & Predictions: Key Injuries Making Boston Massive Underdog
Adam Glanzman/Getty Images. Pictured: Daniel Theis (27) and Jayson Tatum (0) of the Boston Celtics guard Giannis Antetokounmpo (34) of the Milwaukee Bucks.
- The updated betting odds for Thursday night's Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks games makes Giannis Antetokounmpo and Co. massive double-digit favorites (spread: -10) with the over/under up to 226.5 points.
- The spread and total have slowly been on the rise since opening due to some key injuries for the Celtics.
- How are our experts betting the matchup? The detail their analysis and the picks they are making below.
Celtics at Bucks Picks, Betting Odds & Predictions
- Spread: Bucks -10
- Over/Under: 225.5
- Time: 8 p.m. ET
- TV Channel: TNT
Odds as of Thursday afternoon and via FanDuel, where Action Network users get a risk-free bet up to $500.
Life is good right now for Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks. But fresh off a home win over the New York Knicks in which Antetokounmpo scored 37 points in 21 minutes, the Bucks have a much tougher challenge on their hands: the Boston Celtics.
The Celtics have injury questions tonight, which is pushing this spread close to double digits, but they’re still one of the formidable teams in the East. Can they snag a second win over the Bucks on Thursday night?
Our NBA crew previews the matchup and how they are looking to bet this primetime game.
Betting Trend to Know
In the Brad Stevens era, the Celtics as underdogs have gone 127-107-3 (54%) against the spread (ATS). Boston has performed better as bigger dogs:
- Underdog of 3 or more points: 106-82-2 (56%) ATS
- Underdog of 6 or more points: 62-41 (60%) ATS
- Underdog of 9 or more points: 26-12 (68%) ATS
Over the past two seasons, the Bucks are 81-54-4 (60%) ATS, +23.09 units — most profitable team in the league. But when the line has moved by one or more points in their direction, like tonight, the Bucks are only 18-22-2 ATS. — John Ewing
Matt Moore: Brad Stevens SEGABABA Forever
BRAAAAAAAAAAAD STEEEEEEEVEEEENNNNSSSSSS BAAAAAAAACK TOOOOO BAAAAAAACK!
Since joining the Celtics, Brad Stevens is 42-19 ATS as an underdog on the second night of a back-to-back. As I’ve written before, Stevens has said in previous interviews that he specifically targets these games as situations to convert schedule losses to wins. It’s part of his whole coaching ethos.