College Football Betting Odds: Windy Weather Moving Pitt vs. Miami, Notre Dame vs. Louisville, More Totals
Robin Alam/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images.
- Windy weather is expected in several parts of the country today, and is affecting betting odds for number of college football games.
- Wind has driven a strong trend to the under in recent years, which helps explain why some of these totals are on the move.
- Below you'll find the specific wind trends, as well as all the games affected Saturday, including Pitt vs. Miami and Louisville vs. Notre Dame.
If you’ve found yourself on this page, there’s a good chance you’re already familiar with the impact that wind has on college football games — and college football betting, more specifically.
But if not, here’s the deal: wind matters in college football. More wind means increased passing and kicking difficulty, which means fewer points. It also means heavier reliance on the run game, which means more clock movement.
And all of that means more unders.
In fact, since 2005, college football games played in average wind speeds of 13+ mph have come under the total at a 57% rate, going 548-420-34 to the under.
Increasing that threshold to 17+ mph returns a 59% win rate (167-118-9) and bumping up to 20+ mph pushes the clip to 63% (66-38-3).
This weekend is shaping up to have a handful of wind-impacted games, including a couple that even that final category.
Week 7 Games Impacted by Wind
Odds and forecasts as of Saturday at 8 a.m. ET.
SMU vs. Tulane
Friday, 6 p.m. ET | New Orleans, La.
- Wind speeds: 15 mph
- O/U open to current: 69 to 64.5 [Bet Now]
Texas State vs. South Alabama
Saturday, 12 p.m. ET | Mobile, Ala.
- Wind speeds: 19 to 24 mph
- O/U open to current: 56.5 to 58 [Bet Now]
Pittsburgh vs. Miami
Saturday, 12 p.m. ET | Miami Gardens, Fla.
- Wind speeds: 12 to 15 mph
- O/U open to current: 52 to 47.5 [Bet Now]
Louisville vs. Notre Dame
Saturday, 2:30 p.m. ET | South Bend, Ind.
- Wind speeds: 19 to 21 mph
- O/U open to current: 63.5 to 62 [Bet Now]
Ole Miss vs. Arkansas
Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET | Fayetteville, Ark.
- Wind speeds: 17 to 20 mph
- O/U open to current: 76 to 76.5 [Bet Now]